What's new

Denon 1312 Home Theater (1 Viewer)

kelownabound

Auditioning
Real Name
sandy
I recently purchased a Denon 1312 home theater, with Boston Acoustic surround sound system. I have connected the HD Cable Box to the Denon via a HDMI cable...then from the Denon via HDMI to my monitor. I have sound coming through the surround sound with no isses. The problem is I can't get sound to the speakers from the Denon tuner (built in), DVD/CD players, which are connected by RCA cables. If you turn the sound to the max you can barely hear sound coming through the speakers when user the tuner,dvd/cd players, so I am thinking it is sound audio preference that I am missing...and have checked everything on the remote...main menu...any help would be appreciated...

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
First, lets cover the basics. I'm going to assume you have the 5 speakers connected properly since there's onlly 5 speaker connections on the back of the receiver but double-check them anyway. Second, how and where do you have the dvd and cd players connected? HDMI? Analog? Digital (optical/coax)? Third, have you assigned the inputs for the dvd and cd player? (see pg 30). You may also have to change the Input Mode. (see pg 32). Fourth, you also have to set the speaker sizes, volumes, distances and crossover. (pg 28). I'm not sure why you're not getting sound from the internal tuner but lets work on the dvd and cd players first.

kelownabound

Auditioning
Real Name
sandy
I have the speakers connected correctly, since there is sound when the TV is played through the HD cable box with HDMI cables...hdmi cable hook up....I have the dvd/cd players connected with plain old RCA cables (yellow,red,white)....the assign function has been set to Auto and the input mode is set to auto....which should pick up the analog signal of the units....and still no tuner sound.... Thank you for your ideas Gene C....this is very frusterating....back to Best Buy to get my money back...they won't even help me with paying them $90.00...great customer service.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks