What's new

DENNIS THE MENACE - SEASON ONE coming soon from Shout! Factory. (1 Viewer)

Theodore J. Mooney

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
Originally Posted by BobO'Link . Here's a *great* to read excerpt:

"...this will be a 5-disc set with 32 uncut, just-as-originally-broadcast episodes..."

BRAVO, Shout! FINALLY a first season of an old show UNCUT. THANK YOU!

I will definitely be getting this. Beaver, move over ... Dennis is coming! :)

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
This means Shout! has finally learned its lesson. Oh, happy day (or at least it will be when I see a review that confirms it).

Greg2356

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Marc
Great News!!! So happy to hear it is confirmed that these "Dennis the Menace" episodes will be definitely uncut!!!

Joe Lugoff

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe
Haven't we always been told not to count our chickens until they're hatched?

I'd say it's 99% sure they'll get this one right -- but I won't be 100% sure until I read what the knowledgable people on this forum have to say about it. When it's verified HERE that they're uncut, I'll get it immediately.

Greg2356

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Marc
Originally Posted by Joe Lugoff

Haven't we always been told not to count our chickens until they're hatched?

I'd say it's 99% sure they'll get this one right -- but I won't be 100% sure until I read what the knowledgable people on this forum have to say about it. When it's verified HERE that they're uncut, I'll get it immediately.
Well anyway, I am glad that it has been said initially, that the "Dennis the Menace" episodes will be uncut! How's that? I can't pass these episodes up, since I made the mistake of not recording all the episodes of "Dennis the Menace" during the first year or two that "Nick at Nite" had aired them uncut! I had recorded all the 'Christmas Episodes' from "Dennis the Menace" which had aired on "Nick at Nite," and they definitely were uncut!

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Speaking of Nick At Nite, if I remember correctly they first showed Dennis around 1985 or so. Wow in less than 4 months season 1 dvd will be out , hoping they get Jay North in the extras !

Greg2356

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Marc
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xenia Stathakopoulou

Speaking of Nick At Nite, if I remember correctly they first showed Dennis around 1985 or so. Wow in less than 4 months season 1 dvd will be out , hoping they get Jay North in the extras !

Your exactly correct Xenia! The "Nick at Nite" Television Network had first started airing "The Dennis the Menace" TV Series in 1985. My local TV Station had aired this series prior to that in 1983. I also would like to see Jay North in the extras! Of course, I don't know if he would agree to it, since he seems to look back at his life during that particular time period with complete and total dislike. And for good reason, I guess you've heard about his childhood?

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Greg, I did hear about his childhood, thats sad. Anyway, I think he is trying to leave that behind. In fact, here is a pic of him and Jeannie Russell who played Margaret, at a fan convention !

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Greg, youre welcome, I found that picture doing a google search a few months back. Cant remember if the search I put in, was for Jay North or Jeannie Russell. Hopefully it wont take too long for the extras to be unveiled. Knowing our good friends at TV SHOWS ON DVD .com it wont be more than a month.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Greg, I dont know if you remember this but Ill ask you. Is Margaret in season 1? I cant remember. It would be a blast to have both of them on audio commentaries !

Theodore J. Mooney

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike

And we have preorders already at amazon, $20.99 , great price !

That price surprises me ... I was expecting Shout! Factory to charge a bundle.

Greg2356

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Marc

Greg, I dont know if you remember this but Ill ask you. Is Margaret in season 1? I cant remember. It would be a blast to have both of them on audio commentaries !

Yes Xenia, the character 'Margaret' is in four episodes scattered throughout the 1st Season. I'd absolutely love to hear them both together on audio commentaries!!!

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Thanks Greg, so since shes in it theres a chance. Theodore, the reason for the smaller price, is it only 32 episodes and 5 discs. Instead of 39 episodes and 6 discs that most shows from this era are on. I was expecting it to be that price.

rcbrad

Agent
Real Name
Rick

I was also very surprised that it was this inexpensive upon the initial release. Shout usually offers titles considerably more expensive. Even without a sale price, this is really reasonable. I have seen recently a handful or so of new releases of classic tv shows sets with lower prices than normal. Maybe they are selling more units this way? The Patty Duke show season three only had 32 episodes, but it was spread out over 6 disks. I want to buy the PDS, but it is still too pricey for me.

Theodore J. Mooney

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
For those who are fans of Jay North and the Dennis character ... you may want to check out The Lucy Show: The Official Fourth Season as Jay guest-starred in the "Lucy, the Robot" episode as the menacing nephew of Mr. Mooney. This one reunites Jay with former Dennis the Menace co-star, Gale Gordon (the second Mr. Wilson). This DVD set will be out on April 26th ... almost a month after the release of Dennis the Menace - Season 1. Just wanted to let you guys know.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
According to some info that has leaked from Stu"s radio show, extras will include interviews with Jeannie Russell!!!, Gloria Henry !!! No word yet on Jay North.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks