What's new

Delphi in CRV install pics (1 Viewer)

millercv

Second Unit
Wow nice new digs here - I've been frequenting another XM board but it will be nice to discuss XM with some familiar faces :)

I bought my Delphi SkyFi with a home kit about two weeks ago because I got fed up with several of the internet radio stations I was listening to. I became an addict almost instantly. 90% of my listening is to Fred and Special X (any station which regularly plays the Residents is OK in my book that and the Magical Misery Tour... and ok I could go on and on....)

So normal radio wouldn't cut it for me anymore so I ordered the car kit and the PIE adapter cable to add an aux input to the factory radio in my CRV (makes it look like the CD changer). I installed it on Friday evening.

So here is what it looks like:
Antenna (kinda hard to see in that pic but its there)

I used door moulding to cover the wire so it looks a little more permanent than just the wire. I routed it through a grommet in the turn light and up to the front.

I wanted to be able to "hide" the brackts pretty easily so I used velcro and a 90 degree metal bracket in the cubby hole to mount it:

Here is what it looks like out

and here it is hidden:

If anyone has any questions just let me know!

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Miller,

Sweeet!

Is your unit FM modulated or do you use a
cassette adapter?

How do you like XM radio and the sound quality of it?

We are doing everything we can here to convince
people that XM is the best thing ever to happen to
radio.

millercv

Second Unit
Thanks for the reply!

>Is your unit FM modulated or do you use a
cassette adapter?

I've got it hooked in with a "PIE CD Changer Adapter" which plugs directly into the factory radio and has RCA jacks on the other end - it tricks the stereo into seeing them as a CD changer. That way I don't have to mess with the FM modulator.

To get power to it I spliced in an extra lighter port (like $5 from radio shack) and zipped tied in the adapter that came w/ the car kit and then zipped that behind the dash. I know I could have spliced the lighter adapter in directly somehow but this way I didn't have to mod the car kit in any way.

>How do you like XM radio and the sound quality of it?

I Love XM so far the variety is staggering compared to my local stations - we just have one pop station, one classic rock and the rest is easy listening and country.

I would say most of the time the sound quality is very good - Not quite up to par with CD quality but definately better than radio. Some channels are better than others and occasionally you hear a song that just doesn't take the compression well, but they are few and far between.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks