What's new

Dellamorte Dellamore ? (1 Viewer)

Matt<>Broon

Stunt Coordinator
I searched for this terrific piece of black humour some time ago and wasn't able to find it on DVD but I believe it has recently received releases in Germany and Italy.

Ideally I'd like it in its original Italian with English subtitles (my Italian is somewhat ropey but I'm not a fan of re-dubbing). Does anyone know if there's a DVD available to suit and if so can anyone recommend a good retailer that ships to the UK?

Damin J Toell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Damin J. Toell
The Italian disc from Medusa is the way to go. It has both the English and Italian tracks in 2.0 surround, and there are English subtitles. There is also a commentary track and a behind-the-scenes featurette, but both are in Italian without English subtitles. You can find the disc at DVD.it. I know they ship to the US, so I'd imagine that they also ship to the UK.

BTW, neither the Italian nor the English track is really more original than the other. Italian productions such as this are generally filmed without sound, and all voices are dubbed later on. Both dubs would've been recorded at around the same time. I prefer the English track, as it features the voice of leading actor Rupert Everett, who does more speaking than anyone else in the film. The Italian track has another actor dubbing Everett's voice, which is a bit annoying. Other actors probably spoke Italian and French on the set, and are dubbed into the appropriate languages on the apppropriate tracks. Anyway, the Italian disc lets you choose for yourself.

DJ

Matt<>Broon

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for your help, I felt slightly foolish about discovering the 'this site in English' button after I'd struggled through ordering in Italian but all is now well. :)

As for the dub question I guess I'll just have to listen to both and see, the only version I've seen before was a knackered VHS and I recall the sound levels on the voices being so unbelievably quiet that my speakers at the time could only just make things audible.

Thanks again.

Damin J Toell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Damin J. Toell
Thanks for your help, I felt slightly foolish about discovering the 'this site in English' button after I'd struggled through ordering in Italian but all is now well.
Sorry, I should've mentioned the availability of the English site. :) Anyway, enjoy the disc. I think you'll find the English dub very listenable.

DJ

Matt<>Broon

Stunt Coordinator
I think rather than a guesstimate you should be able to see what the shipping and handling costs before you confirm your order if you make a scouting run to the checkout to see if you can swallow the costs.

As far as VAT goes I believe that's a UK thing though I'm unable to tell you if the Italians have anything similar.

I've ordered La Dolce Vita and my favourite zombie flick (now THERE'S eclectic ;) ) so I'll be able to tell you what the service is like soon. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks