What's new

Dell keeps sending me monitors? (1 Viewer)

Allen Marshall

Supporting Actor
My figure 90% is grossly dependant on the people who only skimmed through the thread and really didnt read anything I've said. Thus grabbing the concept like I stated and slapping a label on it.

Mike, like I said. I percieved what he said as asking me what people are unable to make a proper decision on something on account of not understanding the full package of details but believing they do. So I answered with "extreme amount of religious" people because I thought it was a general question. Obviously being religious wouldn't have anything to do with deciding on sending a couple monitors back or not.

Why did I say extreme amount of religious people? Because alot and I mean ALOT of parents force their kids to go to church, they force that view. Many MANY kids grow up sticking to that view and a good number of them dont even read into it at all, like an empty moral. It's like embedded into them like racism. Good thing or bad thing? Dont know, dont care. From what I've observed through hundreds of encounters is that's more the case then not. So Paul, who is tested by this? People who aren't offered the entire picture. Unless they just read the half a book of posts, they don't really have that. Don't take my words out of context and say I said "none of them have that" because I never said that.

My 90% is supposing 20% of the people who have opened up the thread have read it all and maybe half of them are in the zone. So 90% is my guess.

EDIT: Oh by the way im Christian, whole family is athiest.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
I had something similar to this situation happen to me, only the merchandise was worth a whole lot less. It was a Mom & Pop e-commerce site back in the early days of eshopping and I'm sure they probably aren't in business anymore. The company had a relatively new shipping system and 2 David Williams in their system and I ended up with someone else's package. I immediately emailed the company and gave them a reasonable amount of time to respond (I think it was 2 weeks), but they foolishly didn't, thinking I was trying to return merchandise that I didn't want (they had some kind of strict returns policy). About a month later they finally figure it out(after about 3 sets of back and forth emails on my part) but by that time I had already disposed of the items.

There is no question that I would call, or at the very least, email, Dell and let them know. I wouldn't want that kind of thing on my Karma and, not to mention, my parents raised me right. :)

Dennis*G

Supporting Actor
Tough call. damn morals.

split the difference. call Dell and tell them you only recieved 4 extra monitors :)

Allen Marshall

Supporting Actor

So did mine, I'm to busy caught up with huge speakers and high definition TVs to develop grudges towards other people in the world. :D

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Allen, you've have plenty of enough time to start this thread and respond several times. Instead of posting, use that time to inform Dell ;)

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I got the joke about the joke about the speakers and TV's, but I assumed the part about being too busy and grudges weren't jokes.

My bad.

Paul Padilla

Supporting Actor
Don't cite a story that has no bearing on the subject at hand and then decry that it shouldn't be commented upon.

Mike Voigt

Supporting Actor
Been watching this thread a bit.

Definitely keep religion out of this. Otherwise, this thread will be locked down so fast it ain't funny. Believe me - I used to moderate here.

As far as returning them - I'd do so, ASAP. Call them and get it squared away. It is the honest thing to do. The rest is splitting hairs.

chris_everett

Second Unit
Not to beat the dead horse, but:

Legally, the montitors are a gift.
Period.
The law is quite clear.

The OP cannot go to jail, be sued, or have any other action taken against him.

[Tounge in cheek]
Morally, we don't _know_ that this was a shipping error, so by assuming it was, we are forcing our moral code on another enitity, which is immoral.
[/Tounge in cheek]

If it were me, I would give them 30 days to contact me. If they didn't, or were jerks when they called, I would keep them.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Well I was going to plead for an extra from Allan...but I decided to go legit and placed my order for a 2001FP today from Dell :D

I hope it gets here before Friday (as I'm leaving town for the weekend), I paid for the extra 2-day shipping.

Allen Marshall

Supporting Actor
Well, I typed a giant post out for Paul and when I got to the very end I took a step back and said "what's the point?", I'm not right and he's defintely. If we ever got to the bare bones of it which im sure an intrusive mod wouldn't allow, it would just be two opinions. So I get the honor of being a better man and stepping down. Unless you got a messenger Paul, I love to argue opinionations and believes. I'm a filmmaker I do it many times daily with other brilliant people, I find it FUN!

Just a quick note, I never said "dont comment" I said "dont make a stupid comment" which would of come by analyzing the way you've been doing. Ironically you analyzed me saying "dont analyze". That's inspiration to just stop.

Allen Marshall

Supporting Actor
I just checked my messages Dell left me 6 in the last week. Yea....we don't really check messages. Dont even really answer the phone much either. Hilariously, the first 4 we're about them saying how sorry they were that my Dual Link DVI cord wont come until November. The last two was them asking if I have received my monitor yet....

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Hmm, wonder if they suspect something. I can't imagine that it's standard practice for them to call each customer to see if they have received monitors...

Of course I'll know soon enough (it can't be Thursday soon enough!) :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks