What's new

Dell 3200MP (1 Viewer)

Matthew Will

Stunt Coordinator
Hello,
I will be in the market for a new projector in about a month. The Dell 3200MP has intrigued me as far as performance goes. 1800:1 contrast, 1300 lumens, DLP, XGA resolution. Right now though I would love to hear some peoples opinions on this projector.

Is it a really big problem that it is a native 4:3?

I assume this projector uses the latest in DLP technology. Does anyone know the speed of the color wheel? Just some reviews would be dandy. Thanks. Matt

Gabriel_Lam

Screenwriter
It's natively 4:3, correct. DVD's will be shown at 1024x576.

It uses the new 12 degree DMD chip. The colorwheel is a 2x one.

Matthew Will

Stunt Coordinator
What is that called when it displays DVD's at 1024X576 instead of 1024X768. Does this mean this projector will stretch the image on DVD's? If you'd rather not explain it to me then could you tell me what to search for in the forum to read up on it?

Besides that...any other thoughts on the Dell 3200MP? Matt

BobRoulier

Second Unit
I have the dell 3200 currently and so far its very nice, resolution is good no pixel structure at 123" diagonal at 16'back hd is very nice, dvd is ok the colors are not very vibrant my wife even commented on that.

its tiny
fairly quite
excellent company
30 day no hassle return policy
price drop from $1900 to $1700

I would say buy it if you don't like it return it no problem:D you cant do that with to many pjs

Bob

Matthew Will

Stunt Coordinator
I probably won't complain if colors are the only problem. I have an Epson Powerlite 5000XB that is a 800X600 LCD and has a broken lens mount so I cant completely focus. I doubt this thing has anything on the colors or resolution of the 3200MP. BUT I still want to make the best of my money and not just throw it down on the newest projector.

Are the colors really that off? Perhaps some tweaking and a walk through with Dell could solve this. Ive read that some people say this projector likes to have a lot of green when first set up but that can be fixed. What do you think? Matt

Gabriel_Lam

Screenwriter
Well, it plays 16:9 DVD's in 1024x576. I should have been more clear. Basically, it has more than enough resolution for DVD's.

The colors are ok, not wonderful. They're definitely good for the price. I haven't had that much time to tweak them, but you can adjust red/green/blue individually, which is nice. Drive em hard and use a filter, and I think you can probably get some great results for the money.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks