What's new

Dell 3200MP just arrived today (1 Viewer)

Gabriel_Lam

Screenwriter
Actually, I'm pretty surprised at the quality. It's better than the price would have suggested.

It has a pixelworks scaler. Mediocre, but passable. Definitely could be improved.

S-Video in was a bit ugly, lots of edge enhancement. Component in was definitely a step up. If you only have s-video in, this is not the projector for you.

Running VGA in through (Radeon 9700 Pro output) was a big improvement, especially since I could feed in the native resolution, 1024x768.

I've only played with it for a few minutes, so I haven't done all of the adjustments. Looks like there's 3 settings for color temp, and you can set red/green/blue separately, which is nice. Not the most adjustable projector out there, but better than my proxima DP8000. Bleh.

I thought the color was reasonably even, with not too much hotspotting. I was a bit surprised at this, because I had heard of some people having problems with that. I was throwing the image onto a Stewart Grayhawk though, which is under unity gain (.95).

I guess for the best quality picture, I'd have to pick up one of these:

M1A to DVI/USB cable

Hmm. Might be almost time to start upgrading once again.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Does it get a lot of light spillover when viewing widescreen movies seeing that it is a native 4x3 pj?

Gabriel_Lam

Screenwriter
Hmm. I guess it depends on your definition of "a lot". Definitely less than my 3000 ANSI lumen LCD projector. :) However, I'd say that a best bet would be to go with some masking.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks