What's new

Definitive Tech ProSub 100TL - reviews? (1 Viewer)

Andrew_Newbie

Auditioning
Anyone have an opinion on the Definitive Tech ProSub 100TL?

Here's the Specs:
Finish: Black Ash

Frequency Response: 18 Hz-150 Hz
Internal Amplifier RMS Power (in Watts): 250 watts RMS
Speaker Design: Direct Radiating
Subwoofer Crossover: HP-6 dB/octave, LP-24 dB/octave
Subwoofer Driver(s): 10" Long-Throw Subwoofer
Subwoofer Phase Control: Yes
Unique Technologies: Powerfield Technology
Video Shielded: Yes
Normal price at UE: $449.95

Is this a better sub than the Velodnye VX-10. Unfortunately, I don't think the Dayton 10" sub will meet the WAF standards. The picture of it looks more like a large bird house than a subwoofer. And I'd love to buy an SVS PB-10 or an HSU sub but I'd be a single man again if I spent that much.

The other note worthy 10" subs (and their normal price) sold at Ultimate Electronics that might fall to my price range ($200 or

MikeDuke

Stunt Coordinator
One thing you should know is that Deftech sometimes inflate their numbers. Also the price for the SVS pb10 is $429. That seems to be in the middle of your range of 399-599. You might be able to goto www.ecoustics.com and find some reviews of the deftech.

MikeDuke

Stunt Coordinator
One thing you should know is that Deftech sometimes inflate their numbers. Also the price for the SVS pb10 is $429. That seems to be in the middle of your range of 399-599. You might be able to goto www.ecoustics.com and find some reviews of the deftech.

Des Flurane

Auditioning
I had the little DefTech until recently.
As my first sub it was a decent performer. Take the down to 18Hz with a pinch of salt, in fact you can forget it!
Had it 4 months then bought a SVS.
The PB10-ISD is right in your price range, though it is a lot larger than the DefTech.
Buy the SVS in your price bracket.
Des.

Andrew_Newbie

Auditioning
As the post says, my budget for a subwoofer is $200 or less. I'm only hoping I can snatch one of these from Ultimate Electronics during their liquidation sale where they've said that everything must be eventually sold. So I guess the question is, which of these subwoofers would you choose?

Forward Firing:
Polk PS-10
Velodyne VX-10
DefTech ProSub 100TL
Infinity PS-10
Klipsch RW-10

Downfiring:
MTX SW2
Paradigm PDR-10 (may have to settle for used)

I like the fact that the DefTech's are smaller units, which works well for me since I'm storing the sub under an end table on the side of the couch. However, I may get better performance from a down-firing unit such as the Paradigm since I have hardwood floors.

MikeDuke

Stunt Coordinator
Infinity PS-10,Klipsch RW-10. These 2 seem to be up near the top. At places like cnet(klipsh) and pricegrabber(infinity), they both seem to get high reviews from people who bought them.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks