What's new

DeepDiscountDVD New Release Prices (1 Viewer)

BonnieD

Auditioning
Has anyone noticed that DeepDiscountDVD no longer lowers its prices on new releases to match the release week prices offered by BestBuy and/or Circuit City? They used to lower the prices to be 10 cents below the price being offered by BestBuy or Circuit City (whichever was offering the lowest price). If you have to pay sales tax (which I do) this was a way to save a dollar or so with each DVD. When you buy as many new releases as I do, that adds up to quite a savings. Now that BB & CC no longer offer free shipping, DDDVD apparently feels no need to beat their prices. So, what's the point in buying from DDDVD - their prices are higher even with sales tax and you have to wait anywhere from 10 to 20 days to get your order.

Jon B NY

Stunt Coordinator
I never understood all the hype about that website either. The prices really are nothing special.

Shawn_Sek

Stunt Coordinator
because BB no longer has free shipping, that gives DDD a leeway of about $1.25. so they can add that extra buck per DVD and still be the lowest total price.

BrianP

Supporting Actor
Also Circuit City revised their free shipping to a $25 purchase to qualify. So many of the regular DVD releases would now have shipping charges added on. The DDD pricematch policy also includes shipping costs when applicable.

Don Peskin

Stunt Coordinator
Dang, just when I was used to getting A titles for 15.89.
Maybe it's time I started getting smart and patient and wait until the dvds are re-released at a lower list price which results in lower selling price.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks