What's new

Deep Discount sale is ON! (Spring 2008) (1 Viewer)

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
They sent my order via UPS and I got it in a few days. I guess it helped that I spent so much with them this order and over the passed few months.

For the sale I ordered:
Twilight Zone The Definitive Collection
Andy Griffith the Complete series
Brady Bunch complete series shag set
Plus the double pack of the 2 Brady Bunch movies done in the 90s.

Andy & the Bradys arrived with damaged DVDs. Andy scratched, Bradys scratched with GLUE on em! Stupid crap packaging. I wrote 2 emails to Paramount customer service and I'm still waiting for a reply. I won't be returning these to DD since it will cost me more money and I'll most likely get more damaged DVDs. But so far I've had minimal issues after viewing all the episodes on the first DVD in each set.

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member

I was budgeting and making lists for these sales for the past couple of months- but that all went out the window quite early.
There were definitely many things I planned to get and was looking forward to getting. But for me, a lot of the pleasure of these sales is blind and impulse purchases...which the sale prices facilitate. Seeing other peoples buy lists is a great source of interest too.
While this summer sale will be the most number of individual titles I've ever ordered in these, I'm still spending about as much as I did last November. Last Fall I was loading up on Criterions, Bds, TV sets...alot of big ticket items. This time around, my per title cost is averaging $9 and change...and that includes a few TV sets, one Criterion, a few HDMs, and even a few boxsets.Another thing that will help this sale was making a huge overpayment on my last CC bill. I not only have a good sized + credit balance to act like a debit card, but in paying off the last of an old balance transfer I'm now locked into 0% on all purchases for the next year. So, after that + credit is exhausted, the rest of the charges will get paid off leisurely, in small increments, until the next Fall sale.
Seems like less of a load that way, even though it really isn't.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
That's sucks about your damaged sets. I heard some bad things about the Brady Box. I've been wanting it for a while, and I thought it would have been remedied by now.
I think the DD sale got extended until the 29th. If so, I plan on picking up the Twilight Zone DC.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Brady uses a fan folder than looks great but doesn't protect the DVDs too well. Paramount just needs to wrap that folder tightly in plastic for shipping. Then the consumer can remove that, handle it with modest care and there would be no problem. :frowning:

The Andy folders are just cheap. The artwork is amazing, but the cardboard is worse than a dollar Andy DVD my mom got me once. That DVD was glued inside a cardboard box. At least it wasn't scratched. :D

Good luck with getting TZ. You'll love that set. I had one DVD loose in that one but those cases still protected it. Of course, the DVDs are hard to remove from the hard plastic. I have 3 CD jewel cases. The DVDs I'm currently viewing from each of these sets gets put in those.

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
My Order for Ghost in the Shell S.A.C.
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif
FINALLY ARRIVED
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif
(It only took Seven Weeks!):D

I do not plan to order any more DVDs until Mid-August, as I an Saving to attend a Convention in Pennsylvania later this summer, so all of my Money is "Tied Up" until I return from it. Hopefully by then Dee Dees will have their act together. Until then IMO they are "On Probation".:rolleyes

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I got a email from the Paramount customer service. I took a better look at the DVDs (The Bradys and Andy) and noticed that all but 1 Bradys has some level of scratches on it. Unbelievable. I'm going to get them to replace the ones that obviously have major damage (about 3) and I'm hoping they will give me time to watch them all and see if anymore has playback issues. I don't want to send the whole thing back to DeeDees but will if they can't work with me. Luckily the Andy set, after a random examination of a few discs, fared better. I have yet to have an episode skip on my most problematic player, so that's a good thing.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
This topic is in the wrong forum.

PLease post your discount topics in the discounts and bargains forum.

Elena S

Supporting Actor
I would think people on this forum would want to be aware of the sale. Most here don't visit the other forums.

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
If we're going to necropost, can someone at least change the thread title so we doing get messed with, please?

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW

:laugh:

It's still some time off -- probably mid-November or so. The sale isn't all that great for *me* nowadays since their BD prices usually aren't that hot even after the extra discount. Seems like the sale is mostly good for box sets (like TV shows) and certain harder-to-find niche titles (mostly on DVD). Well, I did buy a pretty good media case at a good price, so it's good for that also.

I wonder though if DVD Planet will match them again w/ their own 20% off sale when the time comes -- I think I actually found more use for their sale than DDD's (well, at least in terms of BD purchases anyway).

_Man_

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
I don't know how much experience Richard Gallagher has mad with Media Mail delivery from USPS but I have never had a problem. Everyone seems to be intent on blaming the USPS for their (the consumers) choice in choosing free shipping but let ME enlighten you how it works:

1. When you choose 'free shipping' and the online retailer ships it to you, it's not the fault of USPS. Free Shipping or Media Mail, when you choose it, is the retailer's way of saying that your shipment won't be mailed out as soon as its received. They place your order to be shipped out behind those who pay for the shipping.

When a retailer has 100 orders from consumers who have paid for shipping versus your Free Shipping (Media Mail) or if you choose Media Mail, that retailer won't ship your merchandise until those orders who have paid for higher premium mailing services have been mailed out.

2. USPS Media Mail is delivered within 2-10 days from the day it was received from the retailer or person shipping the order, 10 days at the maximum. It's not the fault of USPS because you didn't receive your item in a reasonable time. You need to complain to the customer service representative from the retailer you have ordered from.

3. Next time, if you want your merchandise delivered quicker and to ensure quick delivery, pay for shipping services higher than Media Mail. Media Mail is just a retailer's way of saying that your merchandise will get shipped after everyone else's.

Finally, I order DVD's all of the time. Mostly anime DVD's. I can tell you that I have ordered from Right Stuf.com Discount Anime DVD.com and Anime Nation.com and have chosen Media Mail from all three or free shipping. I have never had a delayed shipment from any of them and every time, I have been notified when they shipped as well as have received a tracking number. All of my merchandise has arrived within several days.

Next time you have a problem with shipping, don't blame the delivery service, blame the retailer for not shipping your merchandise when the order was received. Generally, retailers ship out merchandise within 3 days of receiving your order, longer, if the order time is during a holiday season. If you want to get your merchandise/order quicker then choose something other than free shipping or Media Mail. You can't get something for nothing and you always get what you paid for.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Who cares? After the way they F-ed over HTF on the last sale, claiming that not one single member here used the HTF sale code and pulling their advertising, they can take their sale and sit on it.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
^^^^

:D

I only bought about 6 of the 55 horror films I got this year from them. They need to do better to get my business. And they need to start advertising here too. I forgot to use the code before and I know that didn't help matters. But I find it hard to believe no one else used it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks