What's new

Deep Discount DVD TV Sets? (1 Viewer)

JohnHI

Auditioning
Guess I'm the only one that's had a major problem with DDD.

I bought a DVD in December, and it arrived very quickly. So when the time came to pre-order another item I was anticipating, I decided to go with them again.

Big mistake.

I paid $12 extra for one-day shipping, but the package arrived late. And when I opened it, the item I ordered wasn't in the package; instead, they had sent me a movie I'd never even heard of.

After looking up their customer service number, I called and explained the situation. The rep told me I'd have to send it back using a form they would e-mail me, and that when they received it it would be an additional 5-10 days before I'd receive my order.

The printable form was merely inconvenient, as my printer doesn't work very well and I had to ask my sister to do it for me. But the fact that they would no longer honor the one-day shipping that I had paid for did not sit well with me at all.

The biggest slap in the face came about 2 weeks later when I received an e-mail saying that my order had been cancelled completely. I called the customer service line again and was told that in the event that they screw up and send you the wrong item, they charge you again to send it out. To top it off, the amount was still the price with the one-day shipping charge, despite the fact that they had planned to send it using normal shipping! :angry:

No more DDD for me. Amazon.com may cost more, but I trust them far better.

MarkHarrison

Supporting Actor

I've also had bad luck with anything other than free shipping. In fact I spent the extra $7 to get two day shipping on Lost (I'd like to watch it before season 2 begins). So I pre-ordered about a month ago. Then I heard about the bonus disc at Best Buy and decided to cancel my order. I sent an email last Monday (8/29) and was told that my order was getting ready to ship and that it was too late to cancel it. I thought that was great since I'd get it really early. Well, it didn't ship until Wednesday. I'm not sure why it couldn't have been canceled on Monday, but I still should have gotten it on Friday. The shipping notice I got in email even said Friday. For some unknown reason (unknown at this time), UPS didn't get the package until Friday afternoon and I didn't receive it until today. I plan to send a nice email and see if I can't find out why it was nine days from the time it was "getting ready to ship" until I received it. We'll see how good their customer service really is.

I really wouldn't mind so much I guess since the hurricane could have something to do with the slow shipping. But their two-day shipping has never reached me in two days.

So, if you can wait, take the free shipping. It's not that slow and they're a great company with great prices. If you're willing to pay extra for faster shipping, go elsewhere.

Joseph G.

Agent
Hey guys I own too many season sets! I have bought about 75% roughly from deepdiscount. I have never had to send anything back. If you preorder season sets like a week in advance most of the time you'll get the set the saturday before it comes out.

The only setback I've had was when tmnt season 1 came out. it said it shipped and two weeks went bye and nothing. I called them and they gladly sent me another one. 3 days later it was there. and about a week after that I recieved another one. The original got lost and was delayed or something. I called deepdiscount and told them I got two for the price of one, and they said dont worry about it. So I sold one of my copies to a friend.

So all in all deepdiscount is highly reccomended by me!

David Mahlan

Stunt Coordinator
I love DDD as well. I work about 3 blocks from their warehouse in Illinois, and they have a small warehouse store where you can walk in and get DDD prices. Not everything's on the shelves in the store, but if you give them 30 minutes notice, they'll pull items from the warehouse and have them waiting for you.

One or two times a year, they'll have a huge warehouse sale with CDs and DVDs for about $3 each. A lot of it is cut-outs and overstock, but you can find some incredible bargins if you're patient enough to hunt through the stacks. This year I got the Collector's Edition DVD sets of "Gone with the Wind", "The Exorcist", and "Casablanca" for $6 each. The "Excorcist" set included a matted film cel autographed by Linda Blair.

David

Wendy_L

Supporting Actor
I just checked out DDD for the first time. They were having a sale, "Buy Two, Get One Free" on certain movies. I find some really cool titles. I paid $18.24 for three movies.. free shipping! I could of bought more but I'm low on cash his week.

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
I have had enough negative experiences with DDD to only use them as a last resort now. The service level is most definitely reflected in their prices. Give me DVDEmpire anyday.

Bob Hug

Screenwriter
I've purchase all of my Homicide: Life on the Street seasons from DDD duting their 20% off sale and have purchased most of the Combat! series from them. Great prices and, outside of backorders, I've always received my orders within 2 weeks of ordering via standard shipping that's included in the price. The one time that I had an order issue with them, it was resolved promptly and courteously. I'll definitely order from them again.

Joe*R

Stunt Coordinator
David Mahlan:

That must be awesome to live so close. BTW, do you know their exact address to their warehouse in Illinois? I live in California, but have relatives in Illinois so I visit every so often. THanks in advance for the info.

David Mahlan

Stunt Coordinator
Joe*R --
It is indeed awesome to be so close to the DDD warehouse. I can get pretty much anything on its release date, at DDD prices, and don't have to worry about lost/delayed shipments.

I don't have the exact address, but the warehouse and store are in Itasca, IL., on Rohlwing Road, a couple blocks south of Thorndale Road. There's a gas station at the southwest corner, a parking lot behind that, and the warehouse is at the west side of the parking lot. About midway down the building, there's a door with a sign that says "Music and Movie Outlet" (or something like that).

Rohlwing is a pretty major road, but the warehouse is set back off the street and the sign isn't very visible, so you'd never really notice it unless you were looking for it.

I only found it because I wanted to order something from Critic's Choice Video as a gift and needed it right away. I had noticed that CCV ships from Itasca and after a little hunting found the warehouse. It turned out that Critic's Choice Video, Collector's Choice Music, DDD, and Deep Discount CD all ship out of that warehouse. You can usually get anything from the CCV or CCM catalogs, but at DDD or DDC prices. Nice deal!

David

Doug_B

Screenwriter
I use DDD, mostly for expensive stuff like TV sets. First time I ordered from them with free shipping, my items never arrived. Their email cust service was non-existent, but they made good when contacted by phone. Have continued to use them, and they handled a couple of scratched discs OK, but I will contact their cust service only by phone.

Doug

Roger_S

Stunt Coordinator
I used DDD often for awhile...until they royally screwed me over. I ordered a package and they sent it to someone else! Then they tried to say that guy paid for it but it was clearly charged to my card. I've heard of other people having problems and will never use them again. Amazon.com may not be perfect but I've had absolutely no complaints with them and have been ordering from them a lot longer than I ever dealt with DDD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks