What's new

Deep Discount DVD prices? (1 Viewer)

AdrianJ

Supporting Actor
The waits usually aren't that bad. I think they tend to only get enough stock in to handle their preorders. I've already received my Big Trouble in Little China and I know that Close Encounters is on the way.
Personally, I don't care about waiting if it's for a good price. I rarely, if ever, watch a movie the day that I receive it. I have a backlog of some 200 movies that I haven't watched (and not to mention all those TV shows!) I know some people are picky about getting things on their street date, but it's no big deal for me.
--adrian
------------------

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
I got both the Man who Shot Liberty Valence and Crouchign Tiger Hidden Dragon today from DDD!
I had gotten and email that TMWSLV had been shipped but getting CTHD was a very nice surprise as well :D
I got confirmation emails very quickly from DDD and so far have been very satisfied with both them and their prices :D
now just to wait for the rest of my preorder, goonies, forrest gump, snatch, unbreakable and O brother Where Art Thou?
Does anyone know if they will be changin their price on Goonies to reflect the new lowering of it's MSRP to 19.95?
Adam
------------------

DarrinH

Second Unit
Well I received my copies of The Muppet Movie and the Muppets Take Manhattan on Saturday! The release date was not suppose to be until tomorrow. Isnt it? Well they came very early and I was happy about that. Now i am just waiting for my new copy of Point Break after the first copy was defective.
------------------
The EC
The Entertainment Cave
"People that talk in metaphors oughta shampoo my crotch"

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I received Traffic a week ago on release day. This was after no mail on Monday, Memorial Day. I am very pleased with their service.

AdrianJ

Supporting Actor
quote:Well I received my copies of The Muppet Movie and the Muppets Take Manhattan on Saturday!
All I can say, is that they are changing and trying to meet street dates now. I'm actually quite surprised! I was used to get everything a week late, but it didn't really matter to me and then the Muppet Movie shows up before the street date.
However, you never know with USPS media mail. My Marilyn Monroe Diamond collection was mailed 2 weeks ago (a full 3 days ahead of the Muppet Movie) and I still haven't received it. I'm afriad it's lost. I got a quick response from DDD's customer service and they said they would send a replacement if it doesn't show up by Friday.
--adrian
------------------

Ben Motley

Supporting Actor
Yo Adrian, believe it. I never received my Lawrence of Arabia the first time. I called DDD up, and I had a replacement copy in two or three days. Great company here, just wish I had some cash to support them! The times, they is TIGHT!
eek.gif

------------------
M. Hyde

Micah Cohen

Screenwriter
Here's what's bugging me now about DDDVD.com... I have some cash to blow on DVDs, and they don't have what I want!
Try to find DIE HARD and SILENCE OF THE LAMBS. They have the DIE HARD box set, and they have HANNIBAL, but they don't have the single (upcoming) DIE HARD and the (upcoming) SOTL.
Strange. Frustrating. Because I don't want to buy it anywhere till I at least see their price for it.
Where is their stock? Why are they letting me down now?!
frown.gif

MC
------------------
[email protected]
Eliza Dushku, if you're reading this, please email me pronto.

Ben Motley

Supporting Actor
As stated before Micah, call them and ask for it. They'll probably offer it, and add it to their selections online.
------------------
M. Hyde

EricCr

Stunt Coordinator
I am very pleased with them so far. Got Traffic the day after it streeted. After hearing about some people waiting a week or more after street date I did not know what to expect. I will be buying much more from them if this good service keeps up.

William Ward

Supporting Actor
Anyone received Cast Away from them yet???
My CC was charged 6/7 so I'm pretty sure they shipped it.
------------------
William
Go Bucs!!
MyDVDs

Mike Myers

Auditioning
My experiences with them are not so good at all. They overcharged my CC more than once and it took a while to get it settled each time.
If you use the free shipping, you have to 'pay' with unacceptable delivery times. Media Mail takes at least 8 days here and package went missing! I had to call them three times to get my free replacement.
I strongly recommend that you use Priority Mail.
And their problems with preorders are well-known. I prefer other retailers, although I have to pay two or three bucks more there.
------------------

Jeff Swindoll

Supporting Actor
I was anxiously awaiting them to put up the August dates because I'm interested in the MGM Midnight Movies coming on 8/28 (or at least to see if DDD has the lowest price). They put up the 8/28 schedule, but no Midnight movies. I emailed CS and asked where they were. I got a response stating that they didnt know if they would be carrying them (or something to that effect, I deleted the email). WTF?!?
I figured it was just a drone's response because they didnt know the answer, but
confused.gif

Cheers.
------------------
Dear MGM : Quality over quantity & Consistency!
I didnt play Dungeons and Dragons all those years and not learn something about courage.
--Bernie Faulkner

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks