What's new

Dear Universal - May we have the remaining W.C. Fields films,please? (1 Viewer)

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
TILLIE AND GUS

MILLION DOLLAR LEGS

IF I HAD A MILLION

and whatever else you have unreleased....

Thanks!

John Morgan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John
I have the British set from Universal, and along with your 3 titles, and with the recent release of 1933s ALICE IN WONDERLAND and 1935s MISSISSIPPI, I think MRS. WIGGS OF THE CABBAGE PATCH, FOLLOW THE BOYS and I think POPPY are the last under Universal's umbrella. Now I can't remember about POPPY. Is that out?

Originally Posted by Dick

TILLIE AND GUS

MILLION DOLLAR LEGS

IF I HAD A MILLION

Thanks!

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Originally Posted by John Morgan

TILLIE AND GUS

MILLION DOLLAR LEGS

IF I HAD A MILLION

Thanks!

[/QUOTE]

poppy is on the W.C. Fields Collection volume 2, but neither Follow the Boys nor Mrs. Wiggs have been released in the United States. Paramount may also own some silents. These would be really great to be released (along with Alan Ladd and more classic horror).

Charles H

Screenwriter
And throw in WC FIELDS AND ME (1976) as an extra. Steiger is surprisingly good (if memory serves me right, he did a pretty good Fields imitation in NO WAY TO TREAT A LADY).

Grant100

Grip
Real Name
Grant Wallace
I've got that R2 set and its excellent. Includes...

My little chickadee

The Bank Dick

Never give a sucker an even break

It's a gift

You're telling me

Man on the flying trapeze

The old fashioned way

Poppy

You can't cheat an honest man

Six of a kind

Follow the boys

International House

Million Dollar Legs

Mississippi

Big Broadcast of 1938

Tillie and Gus

If I had a million

I've got Alice in Wonderland on the stand alone release so just missing Mrs Wiggs I think...

ajabrams

Second Unit
Real Name
Alan Abrams
I've got that set too and it's a great one!! So is the British Laurel and Hardy box. How ironic that we have to look abroad for more thorough releases of American cinema icons. MRS. WIGGS was once available on a Goodtimes VHS (recorded in a slower speed format) but certainly long-gone from the shelves. It makes me crazy that film companies issue ALMOST all of a major actor's output on DVD and leaves out one or two key titles (i.e. Shirley Temple's POOR LITTLE RICH GIRL, etc.)

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Originally Posted by ajabrams

It makes me crazy that film companies issue ALMOST all of a major actor's output on DVD and leaves out one or two key titles (i.e. Shirley Temple's POOR LITTLE RICH GIRL, etc.)

When TCM recently aired Poor Little Rich Girl (or was it FMC?), I recorded it, but the transfer was in very rough shape. This Temple film must have seemed too far gone (it wasn't THAT bad) to the Fox folks and so they left it out when issuing the Temple films on DVD. It does make a big hole in the midst of Temple's film releases by not being on DVD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks