What's new

Dear IMAGE ENTERTAINMENT: A proposal for a Twilight Zone Season 5 supplement... (1 Viewer)

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
AN OCCURRANCE AT OWL CREEK BRIDGE was originally a French short derived from a 19th century Ambrose Bierce Civil War story. Rod Serling deemed it to be perfect for inclusion in the 5th and final season of TZ, the only time he used a film not shot for the series, and we are fortunate it was salvaged this way for video rrelease (it appears nowhere else on video except in R-2, as an expensive stand-alone, and has garnered terrible buyer reviews for awful picture quality).

But, of course, the film as adapted for TZ has the usual introduction by Serling, fade-ins and fade-outs that had not been intended by filmmaker Robert Enrico in 1962, and altered credits. It won an Oscar in 1963. It is a mesmerizing film, and I for one would be joyous to have the complete, uninterrupted, unexpurgated original short available as an extra on the upcoming Blu-ray TZ volume 5 set.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
outstanding , just outstanding, love this idea, we get the time elememt as a bonus on one, this would be a perfect cap to finish it up, by the way havent seen the original since high school, and that was, long ,long ago

Craig Beam

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CraB
The original uncut version is available on DVD in Region 2 (see here), which I have. I'd welcome its inclusion on the Season 5 blu-ray.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks