What's new

DEAR FOX...WILL YOU BE OFFERING A BLU-RAY VOTE THIS YEAR? (1 Viewer)

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Probably we are all anxious to know, after your wonderful late-year catalog releases in 2013, whether or not you will offer another opportunity for us to vote for Blu-ray titles from our wish lists again. Hopefully, last year's releases did well enough for you to consider a repeat performance...?

lukejosephchung

Screenwriter
Real Name
Luke J. Chung
Am currently enjoying one of the previous poll winners on my home theater this week: "The Agony & The Ecstasy"(1965)...would love to participate in a follow-up poll for 2014's Fox catalog releases on BD!!! :thumbsup:

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
We seemed to get them all eventually anyway (except for the Shirley Temple films :( ), so it works more as just an early catalog flyer, but good for planning ahead and showing a little interest.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Ejanss said:
We seemed to get them all eventually anyway (except for the Shirley Temple films :( ), so it works more as just an early catalog flyer, but good for planning ahead and showing a little interest.
I'll agree with you once I get the ones I spent most of my time voting for (in addition to the two Temple films on the list): Two for the Road, Mother Wore Tights, and Anastasia (1956).

trajan

Screenwriter
Real Name
lar
Lets get DOCTOR DOLITTLE ---STAR! -- TWO FOR THE ROAD ---TOYS on blu.

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
How about a little 50's westerns box? The Garden Of Evil, The Last Wagon & Hell From Texas (Manhunt).

Ed Lachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Edmund Lachmann
Of course, how could I let this go by without tossing out THE STORY OF RUTH, FRANCIS OF ASSISI, BOY ON A DOLPHIN, THE PRESIDENT'S LADY, PRINCE OF PLAYERS and BD upgrades for BENEATH THE 12 MILE REEF and ESTHER AND THE KING. And, Fox, thank you SO MUCH for AGONY AND THE ECSTASY and 300 SPARTANS, they are both just gorgeous!

Andrew Budgell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andy Budgell
Ejanss said:
It would be nice if Fox issued some Shirley Temple films as a commemorative boxed set, but I'll take what I can get.

ajabrams

Second Unit
Real Name
Alan Abrams
It's a mystery to me why POOR LITTLE RICH GIRL is still not available on DVD in this country. I watched the other night on Fox Movie Channel and it remains one of her absolute best!! C'mon FOX, Shirley saved your studio -- show a little love and give us a Blu!!

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
Matt Hough said:
I'll agree with you once I get the ones I spent most of my time voting for (in addition to the two Temple films on the list): Two for the Road, Mother Wore Tights, and Anastasia (1956).
I fear we'll probably not see "Mother Wore Tights" on Blu, seeing as they released it as a MOD DVD not too long ago.

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
If it happens, we all know Inferno will win the write-in vote next time.
classicmovieguy said:
I fear we'll probably not see "Mother Wore Tights" on Blu, seeing as they released it as a MOD DVD not too long ago.
They included Swanee River in the 30's vote category despite that one being released in a (terrible quality) MOD few months earlier, so it could happen.

Didier R

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Didier Rochefort
Last year's voting was staged in the favor of crappy Wayne's titles, so no thx.

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
Didier R said:
Last year's voting was staged in the favor of crappy Wayne's titles, so no thx.
But all of the Fox Waynes have been released now. They won't get in the way again.

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
JoHud said:
But all of the Fox Waynes have been released now. They won't get in the way again.
The Ghost & Mrs. Muir is now thankfully out of the running as well.
I'm not expecting them to bring all the old remaining list back, but some of the next wave's should make the old ones look like major players.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks