What's new

Dear Disney, please restore controversial scenes in upcoming Fantasia Platinum DVD/BD (1 Viewer)

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Originally Posted by Hartwig Hanser

I also would love to have the Kostal Soundtrack as an alternative.

Count me as another who would. My first encounter with Fantasia in a theater was the reissue that used Kostal's rerecording of the score with some of the other alterations. I never saw Fantasia with the original score, introductions, etc. until the big box laserdisc release.

MBrousseau

Second Unit
Real Name
Martin Brousseau
I just found a trailer for the upcoming Blu-ray release of Fantasia and even though they tried to make the original Stokowsky sounding better, it is still limited in high frequencies.

www.youtube.com/watch

Please!!! Disney... bring us the Irwin Kostal soundtrack as we enjoyed in theaters in the early 80's For many of us, that is the unique theater experience that we would like to reproduce in our home cinemas. As for the original Stokowsky audio soundtrack, let it be mono and untouched for purists. Make everybody happy!

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Originally Posted by MBrousseau

I just found a trailer for the upcoming Blu-ray release of Fantasia and even though they tried to make the original Stokowsky sounding better, it is still limited in high frequencies.

www.youtube.com/watch

Please!!! Disney... bring us the Irwin Kostal soundtrack as we enjoyed in theaters in the early 80's For many of us, that is the unique theater experience that we would like to reproduce in our home cinemas. As for the original Stokowsky audio soundtrack, let it be mono and untouched for purists. Make everybody happy!
Mono? The original soundtrack was in Fantasound - http://frank.mtsu.edu/~smpte/forties.html

The link you provide is for the 2000 DVD release.

MBrousseau

Second Unit
Real Name
Martin Brousseau
Originally Posted by RolandL

Mono? The original soundtrack was in Fantasound - http://frank.mtsu.edu/~smpte/forties.html

The link you provide is for the 2000 DVD release.

Oops! Sorry. I thought the original soundtrack was mono. Thank you for your link explaining what Fantasound is.
As for my link, it is clearly mentioned in the descriprion on You Tube that it's the trailer for the :
"upcoming Diamond Edition releases of Fantasia and Fantasia 2000. Coming soon to Disney Blu-ray and DVD!"

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Originally Posted by MBrousseau

Oops! Sorry. I thought the original soundtrack was mono. Thank you for your link explaining what Fantasound is.
As for my link, it is clearly mentioned in the descriprion on You Tube that it's the trailer for the :
"upcoming Diamond Edition releases of Fantasia and Fantasia 2000. Coming soon to Disney Blu-ray and DVD!"
Sorry about that. When I saw the heading of "2000" I thought it was a year 2000 version.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks