What's new

Deadwood: Season Three (1 Viewer)

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
The scripts I have are from a source. I don't think they are available anywhere. Though, they may be in the future.

clayton b

Stunt Coordinator
I haven't posted because I was pretty much 'in mourning' over the 'death' of what might be my favourite TV show of all time. This season was tremendous, and I can't for the life of me understand why HBO would want to cancel something this good.

Like many others, I would be canceling my subscription to HBO if I could. I live in Canada and don't have HBO. Deadwood and all other HBO productions air on Movie Central in Canada, and the only way to cancel Movie Central would be to cancel my entire HD subscription and I'm not doing that. So I'm basically sitting here powerless to do anything at all over the cancelation of this tremendous TV series.

I am grateful for the three season we did get and I finish my post with this thought...

"Those who cancel Deadwood suck cock by choice."

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale

The show will live in the casual profanity of the faithful.
I can cuss pretty good, I'll credit my time in the Corps for that...but I can edit myself in the proper settings.
But, watching Season 2 over just a couple of weeks recently is enough to ruin you for any conversation. You just want to "spice things up".
And then you recall that almost everyone you know has never even heard of Deadwood.
They would not understand.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
well, i finally finished season3 =). it was a bit of a stretch but i managed. i leave deadwood to be akin to carnivale, another daring show that few have ever seen. there's been so many great TV nowadays that its hard for everyone to catch every episode of every show.

i liked the bit with the earps... but they never took that anywheres =). that would have been great.

as many have pointed out the ending was a bit anticlimactic. ah well, it was an OK show. it's certainly no "24" =).

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
You aint kidding.

I watched one episode of that show - waiting for the Xmen 3 trailer and couldnt believe how bad it was. It seemed like it was 3 hours long and I got tired of watching Keifer yell after about 10 minutes.

mylan

Screenwriter
If you can't say anything nice.... don't crap on my other favorite show, I could go on about how I was ready to give up on DW after two episodes this season with all the "iambic" language BS that I had to rewind to understand, and this after watching the show from the beginning.

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter
I didn't mean to start a 24 bash thread. I actually had another post I deleted as I couldn't make my point without using specifics. Suggesting that Deadwood is somehow lesser than 24 because it is not like 24 makes no sense. So I added the 'thankfully' because 24 and Deadwood are two completely different shows and to try and compare them is futile. I've seen every episode of both shows. Each has its merits. I am thankful that Deadwood is not like 24.

clayton b

Stunt Coordinator

Well sir, different strokes for different folks. If you have the time and the desire I'd suggest running through some of the episodes a second time. Personally, I find the dialog to be so thick that sometimes many of the episodes don't start to click with me until the second viewing. On the second viewing I'm not spending so much time trying to understand the dialog and I start to really take in the story.

I agree about the Earps, I would have liked to seen them as a bigger part of the overall plotline.

But the more I think about it, the more I enjoyed the last moments of the show. If the last we ever see of Deadwood is Al scrubbing a bloodstain I'd say that's rather fitting. The better part of the show in total was Al trying to give the air of respectablity and civility to something that was inherently unrespectable and uncivilized. And while what has been building was implied unavoidable combat between the Swearengen camp and the Hearst camp, the show has rarely ever been about big gunfights and whatnot. It may have been more satisfying in a traditional sense to see the villian Hearst get his comeupance, that is also not what the show has been about. At his base the only difference between Hearst and Swearengen was scale. Hearst is a bigger opperator than Al, that's all. They are both murdering bastards who are happy to kill to hold on to what they have and even add to their wealth. Al's killing Jen clearly illustrates that. I believe that Milch said that Deadwood was a microcosm of the American experiment. It's not about a struggle of good and evil, so Hearst getting what he 'deserves' would not have been consistant with what they've been doing with the show.

It's sad to see the show go, but at least we know what happens with most of the principals. We know that Al dies pennyless. We know that Bullock lives out a long life. According to a legend I read the ghost of Seth Bullock occasionally appears to lazy employees of the Bullock Hotel. Supposedly he gives the infamous 'Bullock stare' to any employee who stands idle.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
i think the last few seasons of both sopranos and deadwood veer too deep into la-la land. good thing there's entourage to pull us back.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Ahem

deadwood-movie-tweet.png

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks