What's new

Deadwood: Cancelled (?) (1 Viewer)

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
I love these characters. So much.

I wonder why Milch changed the 5 year plan to end with Bullocks hardware store cathing fire to a 4 year plan??

Justin Bauer

Supporting Actor
I donated my money...just in time to, it probably would not be around tomorrow after I pick up the S2 DVDs and other DVDs.

Brian W. Ralston

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian W. Ralston

I hope they fix the typos. And, the last sentence near the end (beginning with "Rewarding subcriber loyalty...") is very poorly worded. If they want to be taken serisouly by HBO and the entertainment community with an expensive ad in Variety of all things...they better make it a very professionally written piece.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
I don't see a problem with the sentence in question. Perhaps a coma or two might make it easier to parse, but it's far from "very poorly" worded. But what the hey, I am no english professor.

I would think Variety would have some kind of editor to spot any typos. I certainly didn't see any, but I wasn't looking for one.

--
H

Justin Bauer

Supporting Actor
I picked up the season 2 DVDs today and there is an insert with the set advertising a companion book coming in Oct that looks interesting.

The funny thing is that it is worded to look like there are only 3 seasons of the show total...I don't know when it was printed, but it looks like it has been known for a while that they would drop Deadwood.

God forbid they actually promote the damn new season.

Michael Harris

Screenwriter
The fact that "subscriber" is spelled "subcriber " and there is a sentence that states "...earned by the two season aired..." certainly hints to me that some proofreading is required.

That being said, I wish them luck as I really liked "Deadwood" and will be buying Season 2.

Alex-C

Screenwriter
picked it up at Costco today for $63. Can't wait to go through them all slowly and with a great picture/sound.

BrianTV

Auditioning
Real Name
Brian Woyan
Thanks HBO, now that you canceled Deadwood the only show I cared about on your network I will be able to cancel your service soon and save a few bucks.

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
With all the hate being showered on HOB in this thread, does no on other than myself like Bilg Love?

Justin Bauer

Supporting Actor
Big Love is alright, but I would never buy the DVDs or seek out the show after it airs.

It is one of those shows that is on and good, so I watch it.

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
Sorry for the poorly worded post.

I was just surprised at the number of ‘cancel my subscription’ type posts, either implying or stating directly that HBO was no longer producing work of quality, worth watching (and to be sure, paying for).

While the production costs of Big Love[]i] are very most certainly lower than Deadwood and many other HBO series, I find it to be a very textured, layered series.

Enough to give me hope for continued new, original works—and enough to keep paying that extra every month.

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
Well I know that some groups (predictably) have been calling for Big Love’s cancellation even before the series premired.

I have no idea if it has been, or even it was intended to run more than one season.

My point was that HBO seems to still be putting out new, original series of some merit and the life or death of Deadwood does not seem (to me) to be sufficient reason to cancel my subscription.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks