What's new

DDR:DWtS + PS3 ? (1 Viewer)

chuckg

Supporting Actor
howdy! I hope someone can shed light on this, or commiserate.

Before buying the "Dancing with the Stars" version of DDR, I checked for compatibility. Everything I read seemed to indicate that it would run on an 80G ps3.

In fact, it does run, but with one fatal flaw -- the game does not register steps intended for the right foot!

I can get 100% with the left, and always 0% for any steps to be hit by the right foot. The trouble is not the mat, as it works perfectly for the left foot, and works perfectly as a controller in the game and outside the game. The same problem occurs when using a dualshock3 controller in the game - nothing intended for the right foot registers.

Has anyone ever seen this? Has anyone had trouble with this title on a PS2? I'm not quite sure who to contact for a fix!

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Check the manual for the game or the manual that came with the PS3 for some customer service numbers. Otherwise, this might be a calibration issue (were you pressing a button on the mat/controller when you turned it on?).

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
It might also be an issue with the controller number that the system is assigning to the mat. This happens with various PS2 controllers on the PS3.

Is it reading as controller #1? If not, then try reassigning the number.

chuckg

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the ideas...this is most perplexing. As I said, it isn't a controller issue, and the game does play but for the bizarre problem of not recognizing "hits" intended for the right foot.

Being a computer programmer (of sorts) I find it hard to see how such a specific failure could be attributed to an incompatibility issue. Usually incompatible software results in random-ish glithces or a total lock-up.

This "no right foot" is so specific that it seems more like the game code is flawed.

I bought a used copy of DDR Disney, and while the Cheetah Girls aren't exactly my favorite band, my kid loves it. There are no issues at all with this game.

hhhmmm.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Are you using PS2 games on the PS3? Is the mat for the PS3 or PS2? Is it certified by Sony or is it a third party product? Does the game recognize inputs from a regular PS3 Sixaxis/DualShock3 controller?

chuckg

Supporting Actor
Yes, I used the DS3 and it works exactly the same way as the mat: perfect but no right foot.

Very odd.

I'd like to try this game on a PS2 and see how it behaves. I may be able to find someone at work who can help out in that regard.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I can only think of one problem: the PS2 software is not completely compatible with your PS3. Not all games are, though. Try it out on a PS2 and see what happens (if you can).

Also, just as a side note: whenever you buy an accessory for a videogame system, it's important to know if it's licensed or not. This means that there will be the official logo of the company that makes the console (Microsoft, Sony, or Nintendo) or the logo of the console (PS3, X-Box 360, Wii) on the packaging and it should say "licensed product" on the package. If something isn't licensed, then it could potentially cause problems. Back with the PSOne, there were issues with unlicensed memory cards that would lose data or not work with certain games. Nowadays, this isn't as much of a concern as it used to be but it should still be taken into consideration.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks