What's new

DDD 20% Off Sale? (1 Viewer)

DanielCo

Stunt Coordinator
I'm going to take this Thanksgiving weekend to thank Deep Discount DVD for both this great sale and for their generally great prices and service. Everyone wants the bigger, better deal out there (and I am certainly one). But on a day-to-day basis, no one has ever shown me any place that has better prices than DDD. Thanks guys!:star:

EricSunde

Stunt Coordinator
I am a concerned about one of my orders. According to DDD, my first order shipped on November 15th, and the second on November 19th, both USPS. My second order arrived on the 28th, but there is no sign of my first order anywhere. Any similar experiences that didn't end up with the items having to get reshipped? No one would have taken it, either, since all boxes end up in the management office for the complex I live in. DDD said I would have to wait until it has been 15 business days until they could do something.

It sucks since this box has the Hitchcock Masterpiece set in it, and I really want to watch it.

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
Call their customer service and let them know what has happened. It's better to get them involved as soon as possible.

EricSunde

Stunt Coordinator
I did contact them on Monday after I got the 2nd order package. They said to contact them again after 15 business days had passed since the 1st one was shipped.

mark tu

Grip
Got 43 of the 44 DVD's I ordered.:) Last one is shipping out next week.
I found that, other when the sale is on, that if you opt for the 2nd day delivery, (which is pretty cheap compared to what some other businesses charge for delivery), that often the package will be at the door the same day they e-mail you that they shipped your order. I have also ordered from there sister site deepdiscountcd without any problems. Could they be a little faster processing orders, probably, but what everyone needs to remember is that sometimes when price is the only concern, sometimes the quality of service suffers. I think we, including myself, expect both all the time - are we a little spoiled? I'm sure they had to process 1000's of orders! I like that they don't charge you until the item ships. I also thought it was a pretty stand-up thing to do to honor the Monday order discussed in earlier posts. I will order from them again...
Mark

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Also, today I received a package that was shipped two days after one that I haven't gotten yet. That is not unusual for media mail, and sometimes even firts class. Media Mail is that way, so nothing to particularly worry about.

Random Hero

Second Unit
Real Name
Paul
My order shipped last week on Tuesday, and it still isn't here. Anyone waited 2 weeks or so for an order before? Usually, Media Mail only takes a week for me.

EricSunde

Stunt Coordinator
Well, my first shipment arrived this morning with my mail, safe and sound, so it took 17 days total from the day DDD said it shipped. Thanks for the feedback, gang.

Off to watch the Hitchcock set!!

Random Hero

Second Unit
Real Name
Paul
Well, Eric, you just eased my fears a bit. 17 days, huh? I guess I'll give it another full week before I worry.

RyanAn

Screenwriter
Was anything backordered because that just means the items were not quite in stock. I just got my Stephen Lynch DVD today, thus culminating all three orders, with a total four or five boxes. :) It's like Christmas in December!

Ryan

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks