What's new

DC locks up on NFL2K2 (1 Viewer)

It seems to happen fourth or fifth time I play it. And of course it is in a game when I am kicking the CPU's butt!
I don't have this problem with other titles (it did happen once or twice on NFL2K1)
Has anyone else had this problem?

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
thats messed up because I was handing my best friend's ass to him in NFL 2k1 today and it just froze up. We were playing 7 minute quarters....saints vs. rams and i was the saints no player eq........strange indeed.

Well, I play 10 min quarters, pro level, franchise mode. I haven't customize anything! Not the players, weather, plays...nothing. It should not be a heat thing for, the DC is out of the rack when in use. Plus, I have central air so, I know the temp should not be an issue.
Well, I'm hoping it's my machine though and not the title. Because I really like the game and, I don't play any of the other tiles for a couple of hours as I do football.

Mark Dubbelboer

Screenwriter
weird...i've been playing this game a lot for my DC and haven't had it freeze up on me yet.
Your dc wasn't running excessively hot or anything like that eh?

Carl Johnson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl III
I've had my Dreamcast since 9-9-99 and as of recently I've been having problems with lockups too. It has gotten to the point where NFL2k1, NBA2k1, and Virtua Tennis are almost unplayable. Cleaning the lens seems to help some but the problem hasn't gone away. I've yet to have any problems with my 2k2 titles but I assume its just a matter of time, hopefully those will hold up for a few more months till I upgrade to a new console.

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
For those of us who bought our console on 9-9-99, the GDROM drive is different from those bought now. The new ones have a better motor and a better laser pickup mechanism. I plan to get another Dreamcast once they drop in price to $50 sometime soon.

I purchased mine about 6 months ago. But, being that I purchased it from Sears, who knows how old the stock was. I'll check the date on it.
Now that Sega's titles well be on darn near everyone's consoles, I too will probably just get it on the PS2 or something.
It just sort of eats at me, that it is so new and acting up!
[Edited last by John Holmes on October 30, 2001 at 12:57 PM]

Mark Leiter

Second Unit
I've had my DC since 9-9-99 and i've haven't seen the problems tlaked about here. But then i haven't been playing it much lately.
------------------
Mark F. Leiter
My 1995 Corvette is for sale. Please view the web site I have set-up if you are interested.
www.corvetteforum.net/c4/mark_leiter

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks