What's new

Dazzle video capture problems (1 Viewer)

Mike Pottr

Auditioning
I am using a Dazzle 80 video capture device USB, to capture some video and edit out short clips into mpegs. I notice that audio and video do not synch up properly except for in lower quality settings. Is something causing it to lag, I am doing all the work on a homebuilt Pentium 4 2ghz PC (Asus p4s333) with 512 megs of pc 2700 ram, and a seagate barracuda 7200 rpm ATA 100 drive, I am assuming that this should have more then enough power to capture video. Could it be the USB device capturing the video and audio causing the lag, its only USB 1.1 so it isn't incredibly fast. Would I be better off switching to a internal card like a pci ATI tv wonder or all in wonder agp and capture the audio with the sound card?

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
It's definately that you're only using USB 1.1 I'd say. Just grab a 2.0 board for like $20

Mike Pottr

Auditioning
Unfortunatly the device only supports a USB 1.1 connect and judging from the other stuff I found by looking it up, I'll be barrowing a tv wonder ve pci on monday and see if that helps at all, then returning that other thing if this works.

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Yeah, i ahve the DVC80 as well. It is only USB 1.1 compatible...

Anyways, yeah the Dazzle is fairly frustrating to get setup, but its cheap, i dont use it for much besides recording the occasional video clip, and occasional video caht.

But heres what I do. I take the audio out from the video source, then I get a cable that converts L/R RCA audio plugs to a 1/8" stereo jack. Then i plug that jack into the LINE IN hole on my sound card. Then I set the source to the Line In of my sound card. Not the way they intended to use the audio, but its a good work-around.

Im pretty sure an ATI AIW would give you better quality it then the DVC80, as the DVC80 only records at a resolution around 320x240 (not exactly, i forget the exact resolution)

Mike Pottr

Auditioning
Can I use the included Movie Maker 5 software with this configuration, I have one of those 1/8" phono to rca jacks already. What software do you use to capture I tried premiere 6.5 and it worked once to captuere but now just crashes the program. Is there any program that is a simple no thrills capture program where I can just dump to a avi then edit?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks