What's new

Dayton In Wall Audio Splitter (1 Viewer)

Mathew Shelby

Second Unit
I am looking for a very inexpensive surround sound system for whole house audio. I have tentatively ordered this system from PE and wanted to get feedback from those who have used it. I am going to be powering it through a spare HK AV525. Will I need any additional amplification? I do not plan to run all the speakers in all rooms at the same time. According to the wiring diagram given on PE's website, I ran two sets of 14/2 speaker wire from the homerun location to each volume control and from each volume control, I ran speaker wire to each speaker.

This will be located at the homerun location:
http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showd...number=300-542

These are the recommended volume controls:
http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showd...number=300-548

I am not looking for hometheater quality sound here, I have another system for that, just for background music in different rooms of the house.

StephenHa

Second Unit
I usually use the cheapy backless boxes anyway, they stick out the back the same as the front about an inch and a half or so

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
They aren’t “cheapie,” they’re designed that way for a purpose. They’re for low-voltage applications, like the one we’re talking about here, as well as phone, networking, CATV, etc. Code only requires electrical boxes to be fully enclosed; the open-backed box, or even a framed hole in the wall, is suitable for most everything else.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

StephenHa

Second Unit
you've never met a MI electrical inspector, I had to argue that they were ok for what I was doing, I use the word cheapy basically as a descriptor.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks