What's new

Dayton 10" question. (1 Viewer)

MikeyWeitz

Supporting Actor
Ordered it yesterday. 1 question, which actual sub is used? I know PE ofers several 10" subs, just wondering which one is actually in their 10" 100 watter (you know the one I mean).

Thanks.

MikeyWeitz

Supporting Actor
No, I meant the actual woofer/driver itself.

That's the sub I ordered, but wondering which driver they use. I assume it is one they sell and they offer a few different drivers themselves under the Dayton label.

RayM

Agent
The driver in the Tiny Mighty isn't sold at Parts Express... It looks more similar to a quatro than anything else though.

MikeyWeitz

Supporting Actor
Max, that one is only rated to 70watts and the Dayton Sub has 100 watt amp, so that would strike me as odd if that is the one.

DorianBryant

Screenwriter
That one is also their "classic woofer" and not their Dayton 10" "sub-woofer." PE does distinguish between the two.

DorianBryant

Screenwriter
I could be wrong, since I never pulled the driver out to inspect closely and get a part #. I didn't see the 10" subwoofer i was thinking of-sold out? I think it is the non-shielded version of the SD270-8-8 (this is the basic 10" Dayton subwoofer), and it sells for about $27.

I do know it is not the Quattro driver. The Quattro's are decent drivers though and I heard a few people swapped them into their TM II. I forget who, but if you dig up some of the old Dayton sub threads, someone who slapped in an old SVS driver.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks