What's new

Dawson's Creek 5/14/03 Series Finale (1 Viewer)

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
I havent watched regularly in a few years but had to see how it ends.

Really good episode and it packed a wallop. I admit it, I was balling.
When Jen said she never felt like she fit into life really got to me.

My question is, even though I enjoyed it, why did the producers and writers feel they had to end it with a tear jerker?

Some people have mentioned that Jen didnt have a storyline for the last few years? Shes been neglected as a character?

Did she ever have signs of this heart condition before the last episode?

So why didnt Dawson just end up with Pacy already??? It would have been a neat twist.

Luis Esp

Supporting Actor
I just watched it this morning on TBS in between commercials, but I tried not to because it's being aired here in Canada tomorrow evening on CTV.

As predictable as the finale was, I can't help but feel older. I only watched " The Creek" for the first 2 seasons, and everything I knew of it was from that time frame.

So to see all the character grown up and then one of them die only reminded me that we all get old no matter what we do.
Damn!

florence franks

Stunt Coordinator
Exactly what did Meredith Monroe do get such outlandish treatment? Heck at least ending was still abit open ended.
Joey and Pacey give it wirl, during which Andie comes back and some real chemistry returns. Andie and Pacey & Dawson and Joey living happily ever after, thats my version of the real ending.
Actually Jack and Doug were most interesting couple of whole 2 hours.

William-R

Agent
Busy Phillips dident even get a true send off
she only apperd in the credits and had a little line about her

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Jen's heart condition only manifested itself once she got pregnant, and the pregnancy caused the strain on her heart, so there's no need for any retroactive foreshadowing of her condition.

Don_Houle

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Don
I'm free! My Wednesdays are finally free from having to watch this show! My wife and I have been regular viewers of "The Creek" since the very first episode - back then she was just my girlfriend!

It was a bittersweet ending to a long journey. I thought for sure Joey would pick Dawson. I was surprised at the quick last minute reveal of her decision.

Jen's death and Jack's relationship with Doug were not a shock to me. I had pretty much figured this out on my own after seeing the previews for the final episode. Although both storylines were handled well. Like everyone else, I was surprised that Audry did't make an appearance. I thought that Jack's sister Andy would might show, too.

I'm sad to see the show over and I'm going to miss all the hotties (Michelle Williams was really cute in the first season and Katie Holmes had just gotten hotter since then!), but I'm glad to have my Wednesday nights back.

Lorne.t

Auditioning
I was suprised Andi didn't show,however I think the reason that Audrey wasn't there was that the last episode was all about the original show members.
I thought episode 22 worked as an excellent season ender as well,so if you dont want the heartache you could watch it up till 22 and pretend the show finished there. :)

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
After season 3, when she left, she only appeared once. I thought her character was very interesting, and the ending didn't feel right without her.

It's kind of sad. I loved the finale, and was thinking how I still am not going to purchase season 4-6 because they were so bad compared to the beginning, yet the finale was great, and back to the spirit of the original show.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks