What's new

"Dawn of the Dead" (1978) & "Day of the Dead" (1985): Do they have subtitles? (1 Viewer)

Joey Gunz

Second Unit
It's a strange question this day & age but it's still a sad fact that some Blu-rays are still released without any subtitles for the hearing impaired or deaf. I recently bought 2 films on Blu-ray ("March of the Wooden Soldiers" & "Rock 'n Roll High School") and neither have English subtitles. It's inexcusable. Anyway I'm a tremendous fan of (most) of Romero's work and wanted to upgrade some of my DVD collection to blu-ray. But I did a search here and around the web and cannot find any definite information on whether (U.S. Versions) "Dawn of the Dead" (1978) & "Day of the Dead" (1985) include English subtitles. Can anyone who own them please tell me if they do or not. It would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. :)

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
Both Dawn & Day have English subtitles so you're good to go

BTW - I agree with you, there's no excuse for any company not to include these on any disc.

Joey Gunz

Second Unit
Well, I just received the films this Christmas morning and I'm very happy to confirm that both films have English subtitles included as an option. So if there's any fans out there who has a hearing problem and are interested in buying these films then go right ahead. :) Merry Christmas everyone. :)

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Joey Gunz said:
Well, I just received the films this Christmas morning and I'm very happy to confirm that both films have English subtitles included as an option. So if there's any fans out there who has a hearing problem and are interested in buying these films then go right ahead. :) Merry Christmas everyone. :)
I recently watched 'Day of the Dead' 4 times in the span of a week. It is the old Divimax dvd with a lot of special features. I plan on upgrading to the Blu-Ray next week. Weird that I didn't like it all when I first watched it(Dawn of the Dead was by far my favorite) but now I love it. Talk about a film that grows on you.

Greg_D_R

Stunt Coordinator
Bryan^H said:
I recently watched 'Day of the Dead' 4 times in the span of a week. It is the old Divimax dvd with a lot of special features. I plan on upgrading to the Blu-Ray next week. Weird that I didn't like it all when I first watched it(Dawn of the Dead was by far my favorite) but now I love it. Talk about a film that grows on you.
Day has a quirky charm to it. It manages to be in some ways the most intense and the goofiest of the Romero zombie films. It's got some really terrible acting, and some decent acting. In some ways, it represents the pinnacle of practical gore effects. I don't know if it's been beaten since, though like anything, it depends on what you're looking for in your gore.

Joey Gunz

Second Unit
The first time I saw "Day of the Dead" was when I was just into my teens. I thought it was horrible. When I revisited the film years later I was amazed at how good it actually was. Maybe I was too young for it when I first watched and just didn't "get it" but I completely love it now. The makeup & gore in "Day" is amazing. I still don't know how they did the scene where the zombies pulled the guys' head off as he's laying down screaming. Amazing. Romero films have never been known for good acting but the man tells a good story. I wasn't too crazy about his last 2 zombie films though. "Diary of the Dead" had some great ideas in it but didn't live up to my expectations. The last 20 or 30 minutes (the mansion part) was pretty lousy (although I did like the pool scene). As for "Survival of the Dead", that one was just plain awful! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks