What's new

Davy Jones (1945-2012) (1 Viewer)

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
I heard about this only a few moments ago. He will be missed by me. I own the entire The Monkees television series, and I like a lot of their music. http://www.tmz.com/2012/02/29/davy-jones-dead-monkees/

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
That is sad, he was scheduled to appear in concert here in the Los Angeles area in the next month or so.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
The original Dave Jones. Anyone know the other who changed his name because of this Davey Jones? I loved the Monkees Tv show when I was a kid. This is a sad day.

BrianM

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brian
I know I am in the minority but I had always hoped The Monkees would be inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame while all four members were alive. I think they were as influential as most bands of their era despite their pre-fab origins. I am glad I got to see them on their last tour. It feels like the sixties and my childhood idols are fading fast. I think I am going to have to watch my blu-ray of Head this weekend.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I spent the afternoon listening to their music on Spotify. I've always loved Daydream Believer, but they have a lot of good stuff. RIP Davy Jones.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
I too listened to one of my albums of theirs. I have always loved (I'm Not Your) Steppin' Stone, but I'm A Believer, Last Train To Clarksville, Mary, Mary, She, and (especially) Valerie, as well as several other tunes of theirs, are also quite appealing to me musically. I will be watching several of the television episodes over the next few days. :)

dmiller68

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David Miller
David Bowie :)

Originally Posted by TonyD

The original Dave Jones. Anyone know the other who changed his name because of this Davey Jones?
I loved the Monkees Tv show when I was a kid. This is a sad day.

I remember watching the Monkeys all the time as a kid!

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Dolenz and Tork are still active as The Monkees. They're planning a tour and even have a new album coming out!

http://www.monkees.com/
I know that Micky Dolenz and Peter Tork have previously toured as a duo a number of times, and it certainly isn't as though The Monkees haven't previously toured as a trio (Or occasionally as a duo!) over the past few decades, with Mike Nesmith usually being the holdout, with Davy Jones occasionally joining in.

While I've never seen The Monkees perform live as a group, I did see Davy Jones back in 2004, when he played the North Bay Heritage Festival during our Civic Holiday weekend at the beginning of August. Davy actually opened for the then popular Shaggy, and played about a 60 minute set. Besides his solo songs (Including Girl, which Davy performed on The Brady Bunch.), Mr. Jones also performed some of The Monkees greatest hits, including at least one (No Time) that normally featured Micky Dolenz's vocals. As I recall, it was a fun show, and I did get Davy Jones to sign my 4 CD The Monkees Music Box Set, and also shook his hand! These are memories that I cherish to this day!

CHEERS! :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation233
Recent bookmarks