What's new

DavidLynch.com open for business 12/10 (1 Viewer)

tyler O

Stunt Coordinator
and I couldn't be happier.
-snip-
DAVID LYNCH.COM
THIS IS THE DAVID LYNCH.COM LAUNCH NOTIFICATION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ON MONDAY, DECEMBER 10 2001, AT 9:45 AM PACIFIC STANDARD TIME, DAVID LYNCH.COM WILL LAUNCH ITS MAIN SITE ..... THIS WILL BE FOLLOWED SHORTLY BY THE LAUNCH OF "NEW SERIES" EXCLUSIVELY FOR THE NET, AND IN TURN, THEY WILL BE FOLLOWED BY THE OPENING OF THE STORE ..... THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN DAVID LYNCH.COM ..... I LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU THERE !!!!!!
DAVID LYNCH
-snip-
I'm just posting this up in case anyone didn't sign up or whatever. And to think the countdown yesterday said 6...
:D
Beyond stoked.
Thank you David. I hope we may reap the full enjoyment you have to offer.

Coressel

Supporting Actor
Hey I just got the same e-mail!
I can't wait to see what oozes from my monitor tomorrow.
This is as exciting to me as the announcement yesterday that the complete "Beckett on Film" series is now available.
My two new favorite websites:
Link Removed and www.davidlynch.com
It's a big day for fans of the avant-garde.

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
I got the email also. Maybe there will be some news on the Eraserhead dvd? Didn't I hear that it was coming soon?

Coressel

Supporting Actor
Interesting... I just tried www.davidlynch.com and it wouldn't let me in. Said I need a password... Then it let me in without one. They must be getting ready for the big blast off.

Coressel

Supporting Actor
Ok, the David Lynch site is up and running... and guess what... you have to PAY to get in! :angry:

tyler O

Stunt Coordinator
Has anyone taken the plunge yet? 10 dollars a month is a bit for my meager finances (he says reaching for his credit card)... The shop will be open after the original series is open, which is not yet... :) Gotta love Mr. Lynch. He never does anything until it is ready. I wouldn't have it any other way. I wish that every artist had his integrity and vision.
That's why I'm about to spend 10 dollars. And 20 something tomorrow on Elephant Man. And I wouldn't change a thing.
Thank you Mr. Lynch.
-edit- Well, I would give my 10$ if the site would let me. This is the first place I have had have problems with my credit card, and all it says is error. Hrmm. I'll try again tomorrow. I have been waiting long enough.

Coressel

Supporting Actor
Yeah, me too Mike. I understand and respect what Lynch is trying to do here, but there's just no way I can justify paying him for something that may or may not even work.

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
tyler, try emailing the site to let them know you can't get registered. Alas, it requires Pentium II, which I don't have. :frowning: Too many DVDs and not enough $$ to upgrade the computer ;) Ah well.

Tim Gerdes

Second Unit
Real Name
Tim Gerdes
Well, I signed up yesterday and so far the site has been a major disappointment.

The entire thing is done in Flash. Sure there is a bandwidth warning on the front end, but every document, from registering a member account to account log-in is a Flash document.

On my T1 line, I wait and wait for pages to load. And it seems that a lot of these pages could be just as effective if they were html files, and they would load significantly faster, too.

To make matters worse, I had a very difficult time registering and it took the system 5 or 6 attempts before it verified my credit card info.

When my credit card was finally verified, I still got an error and was told to register again. On my next attempt, I only found out that the previous attempt had been successful because I was told my username was already taken!

I'm going to give the site a few days before I decide whether or not to extend my membership. Content is the key, and right now none of the exclusive web series are accessible.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks