What's new

David E. Kelley shows (1 Viewer)

RoryR

Stunt Coordinator
I am very glad to see DEK's shows are beggining to be put on DVD.

Now, I'm not an expert on these but I imagine FOX are trying hard to get Ally McBeal on DVD - obviously music is an issue, and Chicago Hope is probably high up so what chances do we have of seeing Picket Fences.

I am just guessing based on their popularity but I imagine the order FOX are trying to get done is:
Ally McBeal
The Practice
Chicago Hope
Picket Fences

I really want to see PF on DVD, but does it have a decent shot? I imagine Ally McBeal will be a pain to release and I feel that not many people would want to own Chicago Hope, after all how many times would the ER-type storylines be entertaining?

Is FOX moving forward in any one in particular?

MarkWK

Agent
I know that Ally McBeal, all 6 seasons was released across the pond. Not sure of the country, but it is a different region than Region 1.
Mark

julienUK

Stunt Coordinator
I bought the complete set of Ally Mc Beal a while back.
5 seasons, R2 audio: English & French.

I think you can get them all in a nice box for about £50.

Elena S

Supporting Actor
I'm dying for Ally, Chicago Hope and Boston Public, three of my all-time fave shows.

I was going to look into purchasing the region 2 Ally series but my code-free player is about to crap out on me and I can't keep purchasing these things online without some kind of extended warranty. Guess I'll wait to see if the shows are butchered when they finally come out in R1 and if they are I'll bite the bullet and buy another code-free DVD player so I can watch them.

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member
'Boston Public' is the one show of Kelley's I want most, and is probably the least likely to hit DVD.

When all those characters are singing as part of the episodes, even that probably falls under the 'music clearance' category not because of the original artist's performances, but instead songwriters and music publishers.

Katherine_K

Second Unit

Yes, I stopped watching the show at that point. I don't watch Boston Legal, I was one of the people alienated when they changed the cast.

ChadKo

Stunt Coordinator
Ally is one of the few I am waiting for. But it better have the Vonda tunes.

Chad

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks