What's new

David Bowie (1947-2016) (1 Viewer)

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
joshEH said:
Also, got a weird feeling that we're gonna start seeing a LOT of aging musicians from the '70s rock-generation kick off soon, here. I almost feel like Lemmy and Bowie are the opening tremors signalling the upcoming quake.

I have to agree. A lot of those musicians pushed their bodies pretty hard and I wouldn't be surprised if quite a few of them don't live into their 80's or beyond. A little scary that the musicians that I started listening to as a teenager are starting to die. I guess that it happens to everyone.

I was a casual Bowie fan until somewhere in the mid-90's, when I started to listen to his earlier music. I got hooked very quickly and listened to his discography almost exclusively over a 6 month period. I simply couldn't get enough of his music. A true pioneer who will be greatly missed. Wherever you are Ziggy, thanks for what you gave us.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
I've never been a huge fan, but this is still shocking news. Loved so many of his hits and he will definitely be missed. RIP, Mr. Bowie.

Rob Willey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rob
Deeply saddened by the news of the passing of this supremely innovative talent. I just spun the terrific Five Years documentary on DVD last Friday.

I'll never forget seeing David and his band during the Stage tour at the LA Forum in 1978. The show was so good, we left the building and walked around to the box office to get tickets for the 2nd show the next night (a real sacrifice for starving college students).

RIP to the Thin White Duke.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop

Attachments

• David Bowie Goodbye.jpg
    David Bowie Goodbye.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 79
  • David Bowie two days before he died.jpg
    David Bowie two days before he died.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 55

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Oddly, two shows on HBO last night (Vinyl and Girls) both used a different cover of 'Life On Mars'. Even weirder is that since Bowie only died about two months ago, both shows were probably completed before his passing so neither was intended as a tribute.

Mikael Soderholm

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mikael Söderholm

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks