Davey & Goliath: More on DVD?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by George_Reis, Oct 15, 2001.

1. handley

handley Stunt Coordinator

Glad I could be of help, Chris. Thanks to Gary for confirming the info.
    I just got an e-mail that my set has shipped and is on it's way! Slight bummer on the one episode not being included, but after years of sporadic releases, it'll be nice to have them all for my viewing pleasure.

2. ChrisALM

ChrisALM Supporting Actor

Chris
    Thanks, Gary.

I'm going to pick this up. I'm glad someone finally came out with a complete series set for Davey and Goliath.

3. handley

Just got my Complete Collection today and it looks pretty sweet! I sent a link to Gord Lacey over at TV Shows on DVD, so hopefully he'll put it up with the rest of the D&G releases.

4. Rodney

Rodney Supporting Actor
    Supporter

Wow! I heard awhile back that this was coming out, but never heard of a release date, only to find out it has been available for about six months now. Great news, and glad to hear they look good. I just placed my order for it.
    Now does anyone know how to get the "Davey and Goliath: Family of God" special on DVD to complete the collection?

5. Carabimero

Carabimero Cinematographer
    Supporter

Alan
    Thanks for all the info. I have volumes 1 and 2 but couldn't find anything else. Just ordered all 12 volumes. Appreciate it.

6. handley

I'd also like to know if/where this is available. I checked the Augsburg Fortress website mentioned previously, but didn't see any D&G DVDs there.

7. Bob_S.

Bob_S. Supporting Actor

Does the 12 volumes include the 1 hour making of? I was watching this yesterday and they mentioned about making new episodes. They said they had 18 scripts already done. Did they make these because I don't remember seeing anything about it.

8. Joey Gunz

Joey Gunz Second Unit

I've got a question about the 12-Volume complete set from Bridgestone. Are there english subtitles for all of the episodes? I grew up watching this show and my hearing isn't the greatest these days. So if anyone owns this collection, can you confirm if it has subtitles? Thank you very much. :)

9. handley

No, that one-hour "making of" is not included in this set. I'm pretty certain they didn't make any new episodes (other than the "snowboard" one, which isn't on this set).

10. handley

Sorry, no subtitles on this set.

11. Joey Gunz

Joey Gunz Second Unit

That's too bad. And inexcusable as well. I'll never understand why, in this day and age, some would still neglect to add subtitles to their DVDs and blu-rays. (I've got 2 blu-rays that has no subtitles: "March of the Wooden Soldiers" and "Rock and Roll High School" - I just naturally assumed that they had it when I bought them). It doesn't make any sense and only alienates potential customers. :(
    Thanks for letting me know. I really appreciate it. :)