What's new

Dates and times for 70mm 2001 SF screening (1 Viewer)

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
I've been thinking the same thing, Gerardo. I'd even prefer the Chinese Theatre over The Egyptian. Even the Mann National in Westwood would be better.
------------------
2001-a.jpg

GerardoHP

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Gerardo Paron
Jack, don't get me started, I'm with ya all the way. Those are indeed grander theaters.
When the renovated Egyptian first opened, the LA Times applauded the changes and encouraged everyone not to miss it.
I thought whoever designed the alterations completely destroyed the beauty of the original theater, let alone the magic of that old curved screen and the auditorium. Even the sound seemed much better at the old Egyptian than at its new incarnation.
While the American Cinematheque tries hard to make rare films available to the public, they often fail hard to showcase films in their OAR. BEN-HUR, for example, keeps being shown there in 2.35:1 and 2.2:1, but never in its original Camera 65 dimensions, as it is often exhibited in Europe and Australia's equivalent venues. And that's just one movie.
I could go on, but this is supposed to be about 2001. Again, I can't wait for the Dome to reopen!
------------------
Gerardo

Lee Scoggins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
Any news on the DC screening?
I live in Atlanta but I would travel for this.
Sounds fabulous! Would love to see it for the first time in a movie theater.
Lee

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation233
Recent bookmarks