What's new

Darren Aronofsky's sci-fi epic "The Fountain" set to go (1 Viewer)

MikeRS

Screenwriter
I could be way off base here, but I'm picking up vibrations that Harry Knowles has scored "The Fountain" for his annual BNAT this weekend. If so, reviews should be popping up some time tomorrow night.
If I'm wrong, oh well. :b ;)
If it does play, it might not be completely finished as Aronofsky did say this in an interview recently:
Aronofsky: We’ve got a bunch of visual effects to finish up, which should get done in a month or two. And then we have to do normal things, like mixing and scoring, and that takes a bit. We picture locked a couple of weeks ago and once you picture lock it’s still two or three months until everything is done. My composer is actually in the next room blasting, you might be able to hear some stuff.
I could see him test an incomplete cut at BNAT -- a la Mel Gibson with "The Passion".
Rachel Weisz has also hinted in a recent interview that it might be competing at next year's Cannes as well.

MikeRS

Screenwriter
BTW, The graphic novel was comparable to primo Alan Moore/Frank Miller storytelling. Very powerful and immersive stuff. :emoji_thumbsup:
(Which doesn't surprise me considering Aronofsky has creatively collaborated with Frank Miller in the past. Some of those 'skills' seems to have rubbed off on him. Hope he does more in the graphic novel medium.)

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
More interested in The Fountain. But still interested in V.
My graphic novel is still in the shrinkwrap :frowning: And staying there until I see the film.
So sad,
Chuck

Mike.P

Second Unit
So tempted to pick up the GN of this. I bought the GN's of Sin City before seeing it, I sort of wish I didn't because I'm betting the movie would have been that much more intense without knowing certain parts.

Decisions, decisions.

MichaelPR

Second Unit
I actually felt that Sin City was very flat without reading the GN. After I read the GNs I checked out the DVD and I just enjoyed it soo much more. In the case of The Fountain I really have a feeling that this is going to be an extremely emotional and moving movie. the graphic novel is gripping and the pacing is relentless....something I really really did not expect.

Vickie_M

Senior HTF Member
It's freaky-deaky how a thread I started in *2002*! keeps popping up! The same thing happened with Walk The Line, people using an old thread of mine to talk about the current movie. Why aren't people starting new threads?

I can't wait for this, but I'm not seeing the teaser or trailer, or reading the GN or anything else. I already know the basic plot and that's more than I want to know. *Must keep hands over ears*

Vickie_M

Senior HTF Member
Thanks, but it makes me look really doofy and behind-the-times if someone doesn't notice the date which was 4 years ago! *laugh*

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
It makes you look ahead of the times, actually :D We've been waiting on this film for a long, long time.
The GN is still sealed, waiting at home. It wants to be read. But not yet.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
That's OK Vickie, I'm still amused about the Narnia thread, which was started by Jeff Kleist (who has since been thrown off the board), or the Hulk 2 thread that was just recently resurrected (and started by me.)

Jason

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Repeated violations of HTF rules usually. Or one gross violation would probably do it.

Aaron Cooke

Second Unit
Got the GN yesterday and I'm about halfway through it now. Very unimpressed so far (the art style does absolutely nothing for me) but I'm not worried because I can see a very good movie being made out of what's there in the GN. Still looking forward to the film immensely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks