What's new

Dark Angel: Both Seasons (1 Viewer)

RogerH

Supporting Actor
I really enjoyed this show but I haven't got the DVDs yet but when I bought the latest Harry Potter movie at Future Shop I saw that they are selling these sets for 25.99 each. At that price I'll be getting them soon.

So I was wondering what the picture quality is like. Also was there ever a widescreen version released?

RogerH

Supporting Actor
Ah thanks Travis I was wondering about that.

Hopefully the video and audio are decent. Can anybody chime in on this?

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
I'd check out Best Buy.com and their stores. They have Seasons 1 and Seasons 2 listed at $23.99 each which means you're saving $15 off each set.

MattHR

Screenwriter
I picked up both sets at Walmart a few months ago for $19.88 each. They had a Fox promotion going at the time. The display is no longer up, but I noticed a few of the titles mixed in with their regular inventory -- still marked $19.88. It may be worth a look.

RogerH

Supporting Actor
After much looking I finally have found a place that has season 1 of Dark Angel with no 'floaters' inside so I'll be getting both seasons in the next couple of days. Plus season one is 17.50 and season 2 is 22.80 at Wal-Mart :)

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
I have both sets and the picture quality is pretty decent considering the age of the series. The first season is the best though.

I would say the picture quality is good, with some very good extras as well, including Jessica Alba and Michael Weatherley doing an audio commentary track over the last episode of season one. After Max is tazered in the prologue and John Savage has a scene taking place shortly after, Jessica says she was glad she finally had a scene where someone else had to do all the dialogue since her character was unconscious.

I just found out that the Sci-Fi Channel will be airing the "Dark Angel" series for four-hour marathons on Mondays, from 7 to 11 p.m. eastern time, starting July 10, starting with the two-hour pilot. Here are the episodes listed on the channel's schedule link up to the end of July:

Mon. 7/10: "Pilot", "Heat", "Flushed"
Mon. 7/17: "C.R.E.A.M.", "411 on the DL", "Prodigy", "Cold Comfort"
Mon. 7/24: "Blah Blah Woof Woof", "Out", "Red", "Art Attack"
Mon. 7/31: "Rising", "The Kidz Are Aiight", "Female Trouble", "Haven"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks