What's new

Daredevil 2-disc boxart and early review (MERGED) (1 Viewer)

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
Looks like the disc was TOO packed and suffered from either too many features or a space eating DTS track. I like DTS alot but I think they could have shaved it off to not let the video suffer ... then again it may very well be fine but the compressionist couldn't do his job.

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
I just skimmed over it, but does it have the 'directors cut' with the other villian and more violence?

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
We didn't get our screener yet.

This may be a case where Peter got an exclusive.
which is fine, since he is the leading DVD review
site on the Internet.

Nice review. I look forward to seeing the film.

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
Nickso

There is going to be a second release of the socalled DC around Christmas

don't have the link at the moment for this though

Great review by the way and surprised by the amount of special features as well.

:emoji_thumbsup:

David Brent

Stunt Coordinator
I noticed this line in the review...

Despite being a two-disc set, there are still an awful lot of extras crammed onto disc one along with the main feature, including an extended branching version.
This "extended branching" isn't the excised material that we expected to see in the director's cut release, is it?

David

Nick Graham

Screenwriter
Reading the news section of DVD File explains how they got their DVD so soon, I assume everyone will be getting their's soon..

Here's a new one. We've gotten plenty of press releases before, even goodie bags with lots of toys, but never have we got an actual DVD with the announcement. Until now.
The extended branching stuff is window-boxed "making of" material, sort of like an Infiniflm type feature. I was gonna be tempted to hold off on double dipping and just wait for the director's cut this Christmas, but that's not gonna happen now.

Joshua_Y

Screenwriter
Ohhh...yeah! :D

Cant wait to hear that mix...

This disc might just go on my shelf with Star Wars Ep1&2...LOTR EE...ET UGS...:)

Nick Graham

Screenwriter
Colin, that's kinda strange...I wonder if DVD File got sent the actual disc by accident, which would be amusing.

Adam_ME

Supporting Actor
Anybody else reminded of that scene in Spaceballs?

"There's been a new breakthrough in home-video marketing. Instant cassettes. They're out in stores before the movie is finished."

Mike_Richardson

Supporting Actor
As with Colin, I just got the newspaper and asset disc - no DVD.
Count me in that group as well.

I'm severely disappointed all the excised material the director was mentioning would be on the DVD ISN'T there. They had to "soften" the tone of the movie to get it down to a PG-13 and he had mentioned that we'd see all of it when the DVD came out......guess not right now, anyway. :frowning:

Joshua_Y

Screenwriter
It was always planned to have 2 releases...just like LOTR...one Theatrical...for J6P...and a DC for the fans...

I will buy both...cause I just love this movie to death...and I want that DTS track ASAP! :D

Chris Farmer

Screenwriter
This does present an interesting conundrum. Like a lot of people (I wouldn't go so far as to say most), I enjoyed the movie but wasn't in love with it. I assumed though that the R-rated cut would improve things quite a bit, and figured I'd just hold off buying until then. Like many people did with Fellowship (one movie I DID buy both versions of), I figured I'd rent the first and buy the second. But now they have to go and release a great DVD six months before the DC. For me I guess now it becomes a question of price. If I can find the PG-13 for under $15, I'll probbaly buy, otherwise I'll wait for the DC.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
Count me in that group as well.

I'm severely disappointed all the excised material the director was mentioning would be on the DVD ISN'T there. They had to "soften" the tone of the movie to get it down to a PG-13 and he had mentioned that we'd see all of it when the DVD came out......guess not right now, anyway.
I think this is going to be a dual release. If they just released the R cut, it woudl hurt sales. They sent the PG-13 version for review in this case.

Nick Graham

Screenwriter
The writer/director was on the Superhero Hype (the big site for comic-based movies news/pics/rumors/etc these days) forum stating he was in the midst of cutting the director's cut right around the first week of the theatrical release, and mentioned a Chrsitmas target. He said the original plan was to have the R cut on the initial DVD release, but he had so much material he wanted to include in terms of extras that split releases was the best way to go. Perhaps Mr. Staddon could give us an update on the director's cut release?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks