Dany Heatley wastes his ferrari and nearly himself

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Christ Reynolds, Oct 1, 2003.

1. Christ Reynolds

Christ Reynolds Producer

CJ
    and a teammate. it seemed like this kid was somewhat level headed. for those who dont know, dany heatley is a very promising young hockey player for the atlanta thrashers. anyway here is a link, and another to what is left of the "car". i am surprised anything was left of the people by the looks of it.

CJ

2. Scott L

Scott L Producer

Dang man I couldn't even tell that was Ferrari, maybe a Celica or something. Here's antoher photo of a vehicular tragedy:

[​IMG]

3. Michael*K

Michael*K Screenwriter

Shades of Pelle Lindbergh. [​IMG]

4. Brian Kleinke

Brian Kleinke Supporting Actor

At least Scotts post of that Nissan is more or less intact [​IMG] It's not missing 1/2 or more of the car! [​IMG]

5. Andrew Pratt

Andrew Pratt Producer

Is anyone else surprised that these's that much damage considering they were only going 80mph?

6. Todd Hochard

Todd Hochard Cinematographer

7. brentl

brentl Cinematographer

I'm still suprised that people still watch any of these sports when they find out what they get paid.

It's hard to feel sorry for KIDS that get a taste of the good life and have done nothing to deserve it.

Sure, maybe I'm a little envious, but when a 22-23 year old has made more money in 2 years than I will in 50 years of work it bothers me. I work hard, sure I'm not lucky enough to be born with the skill for pro sports or the looks/talent for acting, but I work HARD and see none of the bonuses they do!

You can be a piece of crap ...(cough)Mike Tyson(cough) and make more money in a year than I will in my life.

These people that think they are invinsible because they are pro athletes often find out the hard way that they aren't!

Brent

8. Brian Lawrence

Brian Lawrence Producer

Brian

9. Todd Hochard

Todd Hochard Cinematographer

brent- you can only do what you've done- speak with your wallet. The rest- you might as well let it go.

I don't support the promotion of sports over academia that seems so prominent in this country, either. So, I don't go to/watch/purchase sports-related stuff (except occasional car racing). It's not for everyone.

Nice violin smiley, BTW.[​IMG]

Todd

10. Steve_Tk

Steve_Tk Cinematographer

11. Christ Reynolds

Christ Reynolds Producer

CJ

12. brentl

brentl Cinematographer

Brian ... are you a pro athelete??

Yep, great violin!!

and don't say that you've never said "these damn athetes make way too much money"

Brent

13. Shane Martin

Shane Martin Producer

14. MikeH1

MikeH1 Screenwriter

I have to agree with Brent on this one. Crazy salaries are ruining hockey and my hometeam of the Edmonton Oilers will probably not be here in a few more years the way things are going. Such a contrast to when the Oilers were winning cup after cup back in the 80s, because of their skill and a smart mananger, not because they had deep pockets and could afford to buy whoever.

Overpaid babies and their ruining pro sports.

As for the car accident, its too bad and I'm glad nobody died.

15. MarkHastings

MarkHastings Executive Producer

brentl,

Let me tell you a little story my marketing teacher told me that might help when you try to figure out stuff like "Why do Althletes demand so much money" or "Why do movie/tv stars demand such a high salary"

He told us a story about a guy who did some marting work for a company. He went in for 4 hours and got paid over $40,000. When someone heard of this they asked him "How can you possibly ask for that much money? You only worked for 4 hours and asked to be paid $40 G's??? Why did they agree to pay you that much!?"

His answer was simple: "In the four hours I worked there, I saved them 4 million dollars" [​IMG]

So to summarize, 2 million may seem like an awful lot to pay a sports figure, but when the company (i.e. the team) they play (work) for is making hundreds of millions of $$ off of their performance, how much is it to ask for a small percentage?

16. Brian Lawrence

Brian Lawrence Producer

Brian

17. Scott L

Scott L Producer

Simply put he is making his bosses hundreds of millions as stated above. Would you rather all that go to the fatcats who have 10 Ferraris and garages the size of your house, or disperse some of that where the real talent is?

They get paid hat much because they're worth it. Maybe not to you, but then again are you a baseball fan?

18. Steeve Bergeron

Steeve Bergeron Cinematographer

Steeve Bergeron
    I don't have a problem with the Wayne Gretzkys or Mario Lemieuxs of this world getting the big bucks. They are making their team win. It's when an average player is also vastly paid that I'm having a problem. There should be only 2 or 3 players per team that should make lots of money, all the others are not that hard to replace. Why are they still getting big money?! An average player is definitely not worth 2-3 millions per year. And yet, there are tons of them in Hockey. I'm sure it's even worse in Baseball.

19. wally

wally Second Unit

20. Steve_Tk

Steve_Tk Cinematographer

5 people have died in the last week in Atlanta on the roads. None of which were driving Ferraris, but all being reckless. I wonder if they should get a pay cut too?