What's new

Dancing With The Stars - Season 8 (1 Viewer)

Brett_M

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett Meyer
The Hotness returns tonight.

Personally, I'm bummed out that Jewel is not going to perform this season. I was looking forward to that body.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Melissa, recently jilted by The Bachelor, is Nancy O'Dell's replacement, as Nancy hurt her knee (I think) and is out of the competition. Not sure how well Melissa will do in the voting, but she's got dance training, and was a Dallas Cowboy cheerleader.

Too bad about Jewel, but I'm glad Chelsie Hightower (from So You Think You Can Dance last season) is on the show this season, but she stuck with Ty Murray, a rodeo star.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
That was an interesting premiere.

How did they decide to bring in Melissa as Nancy's replacement? She not really a star, more a celebrity. I guess that's all it takes!
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif
I think she did very well for only 48 hours notice.

Of all the stars, the Cowboy, Steve-O and the football player were all pretty weak and out of their element. I give Steve Wozniak a little slack because they got him for comedic relief. I liked his attitude and I hope he survives a bit longer.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
It'll take 6 weeks before this show becomes "interesting" from a dance perspective, as that's how long it'll take to separate the wheat from the chaff.

Not so good:

Steve-O
Belinda
Denise
Steve W
Ty

Okay
Lil' Kim
Chuck
Lawrence
Holly (so-so)
David

Good
Gilles
Shawn
Melissa

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
I only DL'd the epsiode to catch Chelsie, and it turns out she was paired with Regarding Henry, complete with the hundred mile stare and mumbly aphasia. And Jewel married him? Makes you wonder which one got kicked in the head by a bull repeatedly.

Anyway, it looks like my DWTS season will last exactly one more epsiode. In fact, it may not get that far -- watching Chelsie dragging Ty around the dance floor was torture.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Surprise ending there. As for non-surprises, out of 28 judged dances so far this season, how many resulted in the same score from Carrie Ann and Bruno, and one point lower from Len? 24? 25? :D

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I'm also hoping for Ty to perform better and it looks like he'll be decent in the ballroom dances but will crash in the Latin dances. So I'll just have to enjoy whatever amount of airtime Chelsie gets on her inaugural season.

Brett_M

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett Meyer
Lil' Kim & Derek – nice routine. Derek is a great choreography and Kim can move but her face bugs me. So much plastic surgery.

L.T.& Editya – has improved a lot since week 1. He’s such a hard worker and mentally tough. He’ll get better and better. Editya continues to dazzle as a dancer. She’s very bendy.

Ty & Chelsie – looks better each week. Too bad they had a stumble – he was there to catch her and they finished well. I’m rooting for him. Got to – I’m loving Chelsie.

Chuck & Julianne – He’s dancing the steps but doesn’t look masculine. He’s very “Broadway.” They’re too cutsie.

Gille & Cheryl – Totally hot. The guy can move and he brings the best out of Cheryl. She can work it like no one else. Great chemistry and their routine was very solid. He’s in it to win it.

Holly & Dmitri – All I see is a great male dancer dragging teeth and boobs around the floor. I give them two more weeks tops.

Shawn & Mark – She’s a hard worker and looking good for 17 with no dance training. Her strength and flexibility should be used more. Mark is a great dancer and choreographer. To me, she looks like she’s having a ball. She’s solid, too.

Steve-O & Lacey – The guy can’t catch a break. Injuries will take him out before votes do. Lacey is a hottie and great dancer. He wants to do well but he just doesn’t have the tools. 1 more week unless he can get healthy. The dances only get harder.

Steve & Karina – The guy’s a buffoon. He entertains but get the hook. Karinia = incendiary bod.

Melissa & Tony – Say what you will but I’m a fan. She can move and has the tools to win it all. Tony finally has a legitimate shot. She looks like a professional at times.

David & Kym – Hated it! Just kidding. David’s doing well. I liked that Kym gave him some time in their performance where the focus was on him. He’s got good lines and is getting better each week. He listens to criticism and changes. Definitely 2 snaps up.

Denise & Maksim – She is more gangly and uncoordinated than Shannon Elizabeth. She looked like a newborn horse. Her dance-off performance was better but better than crappy is not nearly good enough.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
I'm no dance snob, but I just can't stomach this show anymore. I was tuning in for Chelsie, but seeing her dance with Ty is like a 3rd grader taking beginner violin lessons with a Stradivarius. And he's one of the better dancers!

I did catch Chelsie and Dmitri dancing during the results show. That was some hot shit.

But the actual competition is excruciating. I think there's a dividing line where you either find Woz's dance routines clumsily charming or a new torture technique. I waaaay on the latter side. And he's one of the better dancers!

Kidding.

I am also creeped out by Shawn. Some weird confluence of sexualization of a minor combined with the fact that she's built like a linebacker. I'm both uncomfortable and turned off.

:laugh:

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Saw the first episode, parts of the last two. Knew immediately Belinda Carlisle would be leaving soon. I was looking forward to seeing her, but you could tell she just wasn't mentally in the challenge, didn't seem to really care about being there.

Only saw Ty once, not impressed, but from what people are saying, looks like he improved.

Did catch Gilles/Cheryl in the red samba, look like they're going to be pretty tough to beat.

Do hope that Steve W. goes soon, don't want to see that dragged out for weeks like the Cloris Leachman joke last time.

Intend to watch more now that the worst dancers are fading away.

Brett_M

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett Meyer
David & Kym – A very nice routine this week. The judges seem to have it out for David. I think he is pretty light on his feet. Perhaps they think they're dancing too slow or the choreography is not challenging enough. I don't know. He'll make it through.

Lil' Kim & Derek – A fantastic routine from them last night. The choreography and precision stood out.

L.T.& Editya – He took a step back this week. He looked awkward and uncomfortable. Editya's sex appeal is palatable. Is L.T. intimidated? I was and I was watching from the comfort of my home.

Ty & Chelsie – I was pleasantly surprised with Ty. I expected the worst but the guy keeps on coming. He's tough and Chelsie must be a great teacher. They look good together and I'm rooting for him.

Chuck & Julianne – He’s dancing the steps but doesn’t look masculine. He’s very “Broadway.” They’re too cutsie. (same review as last week)

Holly & Dmitri – Some improvement but she is being dragged around the floor. Len says "get more toned." Yeah, right. She looks like marionette. She needs to support her body weight. She's in trouble.

Steve & Karina – Please leave. I'd hate to see Karina exit becasue she looked even more incredible last night than last week. How is that possible?.

Melissa & Tony – A couple of well-deserved 10s. She's a doll and my pick to win.

Gille & Cheryl – Didn't watch (24 was on)

Shawn & Mark – Didn't watch (24 was on)

Steve-O & Lacey – Didn't watch (24 was on)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Gilles and Cheryl scored a 30 for the Argentinian Tango, and it was well deserved. Shawn and Mark scored a 25 (too many tricks, not enough dancing), and Steve-O and Lacey scored a 15 (Steve-O got through the dance, but got docked for style points).

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
It's interesting someone above describe Shawn Johnson as being built like the truck. She does appear to have put on a little bulk since the Olympics. Not saying she got fat, but her shortness doesn't help with her proportions compared to someone like Edyta.

I think she's athletic enough and good enough to go the distance, thought his week she did appear to fall back a bit.

I was surprised by how hot Cheryl was this week. Edyta is still hot.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

I think it's going to be the Woz and Holly or Steve-O who goes. The Woz has a lot of internet help, so it's hard to be sure he's out. And Holly is just not getting better, hard to tell if her Playboy notoriety will help her this week. Steve-O might get the sympathy vote.

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
I don't watch the show, but I have a question: Every season, several musicians of varying genres compete. Why are they testing out their dancing skills? They have plenty of dance experience already through concerts and music videos. Isn't it a little skewed to have musicians as participants?

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

And athletes, too. They already have physical experience...Wouldn't this tip the scales in their favor?

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I'll bite. The challenge for both the musician and athlete is using a new set of "muscles" so to speak. For example, Lil Kim has no experience at formal dancing or the challenges of the specific dances that are to perform. There's no room for the loosey goosey stuff they might be used to doing. The athlete may have the discipline, but for Kristi Yamaguchi, she had to overcome certain rigidities she was used to from figure skating, and loosen up and be herself more or to reveal a more personal side for the artistic aspect of the particular dance routine. Someone else I'm sure will be able to give a better answer.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks