Dancing with the Stars Season 17

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Nelson Au, Sep 4, 2013.

1. schan1269

schan1269 HTF Expert
    HW Reviewer

Sam
    Catching up with the DVR tonight...

Nothing like using a rendition of a song originated by Bjork...

2. Nelson Au

Nelson Au Executive Producer

The point scoring got Bill and Tyne, but I'm sure the fan base tried their best. Just as well for the sake of his knee. The robot dance was a valiant try!I'm really worried about Valerie. She's really struggling.

3. schan1269

schan1269 HTF Expert
    HW Reviewer

Sam
    Valerie is struggling here, and everywhere. Should she stay past next week? No.My mother had the same cancer. She would wake up and it would take 20-30 minutes to know where she was. Even worse...she slept 10 times a day.Valerie isn't "there"...yet. but I bet every morning is a triumph.

4. Nelson Au

There she goes. She gave it a great try.

5. Nelson Au

Shocking elimination last night. Christina got a 10 and still went home. Like they said, you can be the better dancer, but you can still get voted off. While Leah had the lowest score, her fans obviously saved her. I like Leah's story and desire to come out ahead after her experience, but I was afraid they were making a bigger deal out it and it could put off people.

6. schan1269

schan1269 HTF Expert
    HW Reviewer

Sam
    I had a feeling it was her from the outset. Gleeks watch DWTS(trust me, they do). Lea probably has closet supporters. Berkley...people probably wanted to see her in Showgirls II.

What did that leave for Milian who passed up "social concierge" on The Voice to do this season? (although she might be able to get it back)

By the way. Berkley's jive sucked. Long legs or not, it sucked.

7. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

I wonder if she'll be back on "The Voice" next week? LOL!

8. schan1269

schan1269 HTF Expert
    HW Reviewer

Sam
    CM's story doesn't resonate with anybody. Her album didn't even create a negative ripple....

Good looking woman meets dumbass.
    Good looking woman marries said dumbass.
    Good looking woman acts like dumbass isn't spending her money on other women.(yeah, he has money, but the big hits he was a writer on had so many other writers...how much money did he get?)
    Good looking woman thinks pregnancy will change dumbass...

9. Jeff Cooper

Jeff Cooper Screenwriter

I thought it was interesting the Leah's package went out of it's way to avoid mentioning the word 'Scientology'. Threats of a lawsuit? :lol:

10. schan1269

schan1269 HTF Expert
    HW Reviewer

Sam
    Maybe they are wanting to eventually land Jaden Smith...once his acting career has died...

(by the way, thanks for the great setup there Jeff)

11. TonyD

TonyD Who do we think I am?
    Supporter

Tony D.
    Anyone still watching. Last night they did a live improv dance off.I didnt like it. Thought it wasmore awkard than anything and watching people who dont dance for a living trying to improvise on the spot wasnt interesting.

12. Nelson Au

I'm still watching. Nice to see everyone safe due to the technical glitch from last week. Bill seemed sure he was a goner! The rumor is a double elimination this Monday to make up for the glitch. I didn't pay too much attention during the improv, I'm always multitasking these days. But they looked okay at it. A lot of improvements this week by everyone.

13. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

This show is struggling to fill the 2-hour timeslot due to only dancing one routine, and some gimmick. Hopefully it'll be better once we get down to 6 "stars" and 2 dances from them in the 2-hour time slot.

14. Nelson Au

Another shocking elimination. I'm actually surprised, I figured Snooky would have a fairly, yet limited fan base. On the other hand, she and Bill were not on my list to go too much farther. I just figured Bill would go first of the two.

15. schan1269

schan1269 HTF Expert
    HW Reviewer

Sam
    I'm still trying to figure out all the love Berkley is getting for her dancing.Granted her training in jazz was 20-odd years ago...and even on SYTYCD, jazz dancers are behind the 8-ball in ballroom...but.Call it like it is.Corbin was awesome...but it isn't fair either.

16. Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman Executive Producer

Aaron Silverman
    Is it just me, or did people seem overly broken up at Snooki's departure? I mean more than usual. Tom Bergeron seemed to be having trouble holding it together.

17. Nelson Au

I was working on something on the computer, so I looked away after Snooki was announced was going home. I could hear Brooke trying to get her to come over to talk before they ran out of time. From what I saw, they all did seem sad. She must have got on well with the cast and crew.

18. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Brooke sounded like she was trying to corral her children in getting Snooki and Sasha to the exit spot. :D

19. Nelson Au

I missed the beginning 10 minutes and the Cher performance and a few other dances. But I thought Cher was a great choice to come in and do a guest judging stint. She was the stand-in for the audience and judged based on her gut. I thought she was a better guest judge then Julianne Hough.For some reason, I thought she may have had some resentment for the show because Chaz didn't do as well as he did when he was a cast member. But my impression is she is a fan of the show.Bill continues to defy expectations.

20. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

I thought Bill's back would give out doing some of those disco moves!