What's new

Damages - season 3 thread (1 Viewer)

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin

Annnnnnd so much for Frobisher being around next season! This episode cleared up all loose ends so if it was a series finale then so be it. Fun while it lasted.
I was surprised as to just how many loose ends from the first two seasons were wrapped up in this finale.

Most of those peaks into the events of the finale that we saw during the season were quite deceptive. As far as Mama Tobin jumping off the bridge - is that actually physically possible by a single person? I thought it might have been possible to dump Tom's body. The view of the bridge made it look the barriers were too high.

The whole season for Joe Tobin turned on the point where he was trying to make a deal with Patty at the beginning, but she turned him down. If she had given him a deal then and there - all of the following devastation would have been avoided.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
I really enjoyed how this season was built around the theme of family. I don't recall a single theme running so strongly through the other seasons be I could be wrong. More of that please.

Wes' actions are pretty odd, but then there has always been something off about the character.

--
H

Doug Smith

Second Unit
Confused... where did Michael steal the car Ellen was driving? After she saw him in the apartment didn't she drive off? How would he know where she was?

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Smith

Confused... where did Michael steal the car Ellen was driving? After she saw him in the apartment didn't she drive off? How would he know where she was?
She might have still been outside of Patty apartment a few minutes after seeing Michael there. I didn't quite follow the events exactly. Michael definitely stole the car while Ellen was on the phone.

Doug Smith

Second Unit
Yeah, I think you're right - I believe she still might have been out there on the phone to Patty, who, I know, told her, she was on the way home. Thanks.
What a series this has been. It looks as if it might be all over - with so many loose ends being tied up. A short, contrite, well executed series - much like what happens in Britain. The wave of the future? Let's hope.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I was surprised that this season had fairly low ratings. All three seasons were pretty solid especially compared to the dreck on TV Shows now, maybe the series is too demanding for the average dumbed down reality show viewer.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Originally Posted by Dave Scarpa ">[/url]

I was surprised that this season had fairly low ratings. All three seasons were pretty solid especially compared to the dreck on TV Shows now, maybe the series is too demanding for the average dumbed down reality show viewer.[/QUOTE]I'm not terribly surprised, since I'm one of the fans who hasn't been watching this year. I have a finite amount of time to devote to TV series and this year there were just too many other shows I was following for me to squeeze in [b]Damages[/b] among all the others - especially since it has been running directly opposite so many broadcast network shows. I really wish F/X had counter-programmed a little more, the way USA Network tends to, and run the new episodes over the summer when there is less to watch on the Big Four-and-a-Half. And I say that as someone who has never watched an entire episode of any "reality" show.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Originally Posted by Joseph DeMartino Heck, I've reduced to watching one series "live" via the QAM tuner while recording two others because of the networks' diabolical tendency to put all my favorite shows on opposite one another. Even with time shifting there's only so much TV I can get through in a week.

It really is more a matter of time than scheduling, because FX re-ran each episode so often during the week that there was always another opportunity to catch it. During those Mondays when it conflicted with Castle, Saving Grace and Nurse Jackie, I just picked up the 11pm broadcast -- and if I'd missed that, there were others.

It's the kind of show where it'd almost be more fun to watch in a marathon, but spoilers are too much of a risk (for me, at least). As for the ratings, I've given up trying to guess why some things catch on and other don't.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
It really is more a matter of time than scheduling

Oh, definitely. That and DVR space. If I could just grab and hold shows indefinitely I could watch them months later. But as it is, the disk fills up quickly and I don't have the time, money or energy to hack the Comcast box to add storage or add a DVD burner to my system. (The situation is not helped by my recent tendency to hang onto the last couple of episodes of Lost, Fringe and Flashforward and review them several times before the next new one. )

Regards,

Joe

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks