What's new

Dallas vs. Washington on MNF: Remember when this match-up actually mattered? (1 Viewer)

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Scott, unfortunately, I have to agree with you about Penn State. I feel they are bad any way you slice it, but having the second-toughest schedule in the country isn't helping matters.
------------------
My:
HT Pics ; Equipment List ; DVD Collection ; LD Collection
KeithH: Saving the Home Theater World Before Bedtime

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
I guess everyone really is getting sick of the Yankees. Even the worst of the NFL drew a bigger audience. Note to Bud Selig: Retire!!!!! It ain't working.
Link Removed
Weak MNF matchup outdraws Yankees-A's clincher
NEW YORK -- Even the worst kind of NFL game outdrew a key baseball playoff game in head-to-head competition Monday night.
ABC's telecast of two winless teams, in which the Dallas Cowboys beat the Washington Redskins 9-7 in a sloppy, often dull game, was watched by more people than the decisive fifth game of the American League playoffs between the Yankees and Athletics.
Although its 9.9 national rating was well below the season's average for prime-time NFL telecasts, ABC beat Fox's 8.4 for baseball. ABC is averaging an 11.4 nationally for "Monday Night Football."
The NFL game got a 16 share, as opposed to baseball's 13 share.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Considering that I have not watched a major league baseball game since 1993, if I had to pick between the lousy MNF matchup and the baseball playoffs, I would have watched MNF, too. Fortunately, I have a well-stocked DVD collection for just such nights. :)
------------------
My DVD Collection
AFI 100 Films to watch: 40 -> 4

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks