What's new

Dallas vs. Washington on MNF: Remember when this match-up actually mattered? (1 Viewer)

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
I always look forward to Monday Night Football, but I can't believe we've got Washington vs. Dallas tonight. Yuck! This match-up is supposed to mean something, but this game tonight could be brutal to watch. Is it possible that neither team will win?
------------------
My:
HT Pics ; Equipment List ; DVD Collection ; LD Collection
KeithH: Saving the Home Theater World Before Bedtime

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
I hope it ends in a tie.
laugh.gif

No offense to fans of these teams, but I hate them both. As a matter of fact, there is nothing I like more than seeing both of these teams, especially the Cowboys, do so bad. :)
-Dean-
------------------
My HT Equipment
"I've seen you and you are not cool."

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
No problem here, I haven't been able to pick up ABC since 9-11-01 so no MNF for me here. Fortunately, I've found that I have got absolutely no must-see programs that I watch on ABC, all the programs that I watch are either on Fox or CBS. (besides DBS stuff which I don't subscribe to the local channels)
Jay
------------------
HUGBEES! Link Removed
Rider in the 2001 Alaska AIDS Vaccine Ride
Wanna Link Removed
[Edited last by Jay H on October 15, 2001 at 08:12 AM]

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I will watch almost any NFL game, but I cannot bring myself to watch this debacle tonight. ABC's promo should be "Cowboys vs. Redskins... someone has to win!" At least it should be a closer game than last Monday's mismatch -- maybe the final score will be 2-0.
------------------
My DVD Collection
AFI 100 Films to watch: 40 -> 4

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
I grew up watching Dallas, and I don't even really care about the Redskins back then.
Now, however, I do care about the Redskins. I hate their guts. Last year, they were the most over-rated team I'd ever seen. I had some bandwagon friends who hated the St. Louis Rams because they think they fluked their Super Bowl. I say you oughta hate teams because they don't live up to potential. And to top it off, owner Daniel Snyder is a jerk. That's not to say that Jerry Jones is a saint either, but if I had to pick and choose, I'd rather have Jerry Jones.
------------------
"I don't know, Marge. Trying is the first step towards failure." - Homer J. Simpson
"Stranger things have happened..." - Wes Deskins
"It's not Pikeville, Kentucky. It's Pikevool!!! And it's not Louisville, it's Loolvool!!! Get it right, damnit!!!"
My DVD Collection

Alex-C

Screenwriter
LAter this season features the Rams at the Saints....remember when that would be a laugher ! Now it looks to be a good game.
laugh.gif

MikeM

Screenwriter
This is a perfect example of why gambling on NFL games is so popular. Without some $$$ on either team, no one, even the player's own parents, would watch. :)
Then again, there's always the A's/Yankees in Game 5!
------------------
mike_sig.jpg

David Oliver

Second Unit
This is easily the most important football game of the year so far. If the Cowboys win, I win my office pool.

Mark Schermerhorn

Second Unit
David, you are correct, it is a very important game. I'm up by 1 point in my fantasy football match this week. I've got Emmitt Smith starting tonight, and my opponent has Stephen Davis starting. I think we're the only ppl in the leage with a player from either team that ever gets a start. Perhaps this explains why we're so far down in the standings...
However, you couldn't get me to watch this game if you paid me. Well ok, I'd do it for about 50 bucks.

Shayne Judge

Stunt Coordinator
This game does mean a lot to diehard Cowboys and Redskins. I was watching in '89 and was so elated with the 'Boys ONE win was against the Redskins. Again, I will be cheering on my team to continue the recent trend of wins vs the hated 'Skins. I just hope my team can turn it around as quickly as '89.........
Any more sucker teams like the Vikings want to make a trade?

CharlesD

Screenwriter
I'm a big fan of the NFL and this game is going to be like a car wreck, you just have to take a look.
I really really really don't like the Cowboys, and as a KC Chiefs fan I take twisted pleasure in seeing "Marty Ball" be even less successful in DC than it was in KC. Heck the Redskins are even worse than the 1-4 Chefs so far this season!
If it was possible for both teams to loose a football game, these two would I'm sure find a way.
Here's hoping for a tie at least!
------------------
-- Will Work for Five Million Dollars

BryanZ

Screenwriter
And what is worse is that MNF had to know this was coming! This is a horrible matchup between two bottom dweller teams. Watch this one end up in a 13-13 tie. Too bad MNF didn't use their heads and have either Bucs/Titans, Rams/Giants, Jets/Dolphins, or Raiders/Colts on tonight. One must wonder what went through the MNF scheduler's head or what they were smoking when this decision was made.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Any more sucker teams like the Vikings want to make a trade?
The only problem is that there is no one in the Dallas front office smart enough to make such a trade. Until Jerry Jones puts his massive ego aside and admits that Jimmy Johnson built the last Super Bowl teams in Dallas, the 'boys will continue to suck. Drafting Quincy Carter in the second round when most other teams did not even have him on their draft boards is a perfect example of Jones' lack of football knowledge.
Chris Mortensen of ESPN had the best quote regarding Quincy Carter. He said Dallas's starting QB would not even have been starting for his college team if he would have stayed in school this season.
Being a longtime anti-Cowboy fan, I am enjoying this.
------------------
My DVD Collection
AFI 100 Films to watch: 40 -> 4

Jin E

Second Unit
I just flipped the game on. 3-0?!?!?!? I though I was seeing a Tom Glavine v. Randy Johnson matchup. Someone get on base already.
------------------
-Jin
My Theater

Jin E

Second Unit
Sweeeeeet... at least they had a good shot of a Dallas Cowboy cheerleader as they cut to commercial. Guess I can watch a little more.
------------------
-Jin
My Theater

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Hey, the Redskins scored a touchdown. Ooh, ah. Just prior to that, I was amused that ABC, when doing highlights of the game tonight, showed footage of a Redskins-Cowboys game from many years ago. There was nothing worth showing as highlights from tonight's game to that point.
------------------
My:
HT Pics ; Equipment List ; DVD Collection ; LD Collection
KeithH: Saving the Home Theater World Before Bedtime

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks