What's new

DVD Review Dallas: The Complete First Season (2012) Review (1 Viewer)

HunterMan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Drew
younger1968 said:
It sounds like to me she has not waiver since she was first asked. The interview with her a few years said something Pam was basically killed in a car crash, so how can you really bring her back. I think she respects her years on Dallas, but wants the character to die. I respect Pam choice and to me she will always be Pam Ewing. However, there is one angle that could be explored, but has not been discussed was Pam was pregnant at the time of the crash as such maybe you could bring in the child and have a fight over Pam's estate. The fight over the estate could be a new plot!
I agree...I don't think she ever really considered making an appearance after declining when she was asked or considered when the new show was first being put together. The recent articles and rumors were either fabrications put out there (by who knows who??) to try and hype things up, or they were still seeing if they could get her to show up at least once and the statements were just "hopefulls". Victoria herself has always seemed to be...I don't want to say "anti-Dallas", but really has not wanted to have anything to do with the show since she left. Basically the only thing she's even remotely done with the series after she left was the 2004 reunion documentary "Return to Southfork"--which I've read Larry Hagman and Patrick Duffy really had to talk her into doing. I think her reasoning for not having anything to do with the show is goofy and I don't agree with it. :rolleyes: But, it is her choice to not want to come back, so like it or not I do respect it as her choice. Pam was not killed in the car crash...she was injured and supposedly had severe burns on her face and body. This is why you saw her in bandages. It was supposed to be Pam...but it was not Victorica playing the part. After the bandages came off---Pam's last appearance, with an altered face (aka the famous "fake-Pam") was also played by I believe a woman named Margaret Michaels. They used the plastic surgery idea as to why Pam didn't look exactly like Victoria anymore. They left you hanging...supposedly she thought she might be terminally ill and might die within the next 6 or 7 months. But, she was never shown to have died and they just had her sort of disappear--and left you knowing Pam was "out" there somewhere. :td: However, I think we are still supposed to learn what did happen to Pam in the next few episodes. I figure they'll make her dead from before and J.R. knew about it...but hid it from Bobby all these years. :( But, that is just my theory. Who knows what they'll do...if anything with her. I'm disappointed that she has continued to decline to make an appearance...but not shocked nor that upset by it. I never fully believed she would show...was just hopeful after the last few articles stating there was a definite possibility she would. But, reguardless of the whole "Pam" saga...I'm still extatic with this new show and what they've done...as well as what they have in store for us! :) We still have Gary, Val, Mandy Winger, Afton Cooper, and Cally Ewing to show up...among any of those, as well as who we already have on a regular basis--any one of them could kill J.R. :D I hope it's not some obvious person such as Cliff. That would almost be a let-down. :laugh: I hope it's a huge shocker!! :tu:

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
HunterMan said:
I agree...I don't think she ever really considered making an appearance after declining when she was asked or considered when the new show was first being put together. The recent articles and rumors were either fabrications put out there (by who knows who??) to try and hype things up, or they were still seeing if they could get her to show up at least once and the statements were just "hopefulls". Victoria herself has always seemed to be...I don't want to say "anti-Dallas", but really has not wanted to have anything to do with the show since she left. Basically the only thing she's even remotely done with the series after she left was the 2004 reunion documentary "Return to Southfork"--which I've read Larry Hagman and Patrick Duffy really had to talk her into doing. I think her reasoning for not having anything to do with the show is goofy and I don't agree with it. :rolleyes: But, it is her choice to not want to come back, so like it or not I do respect it as her choice. Pam was not killed in the car crash...she was injured and supposedly had severe burns on her face and body. This is why you saw her in bandages. It was supposed to be Pam...but it was not Victorica playing the part. After the bandages came off---Pam's last appearance, with an altered face (aka the famous "fake-Pam") was also played by I believe a woman named Margaret Michaels. They used the plastic surgery idea as to why Pam didn't look exactly like Victoria anymore. They left you hanging...supposedly she thought she might be terminally ill and might die within the next 6 or 7 months. But, she was never shown to have died and they just had her sort of disappear--and left you knowing Pam was "out" there somewhere. :td: However, I think we are still supposed to learn what did happen to Pam in the next few episodes. I figure they'll make her dead from before and J.R. knew about it...but hid it from Bobby all these years. :( But, that is just my theory. Who knows what they'll do...if anything with her. I'm disappointed that she has continued to decline to make an appearance...but not shocked nor that upset by it. I never fully believed she would show...was just hopeful after the last few articles stating there was a definite possibility she would. But, reguardless of the whole "Pam" saga...I'm still extatic with this new show and what they've done...as well as what they have in store for us! :) We still have Gary, Val, Mandy Winger, Afton Cooper, and Cally Ewing to show up...among any of those, as well as who we already have on a regular basis--any one of them could kill J.R. :D I hope it's not some obvious person such as Cliff. That would almost be a let-down. :laugh: I hope it's a huge shocker!! :tu:
Thanks for your post! I decided to watch S10 into S11 when Pam was in the accident and subsequently removed from the hospital via Wentworth Industries. The CEO for Wentworth Industries had come by the house to speak to the family and it was Pam's wish to be moved from the hospital. So, Pam has been not completely factual in her interviews, especially saying she die, because she did not. Victoria Principal may be trying to do different spins on the show, it could be that she has no interest in getting back to acting. It could be deeper issues with the studio, especially when Pam left. I am still wondering if there were some issues with her and the studio as such she has no desire to bring Pam back. Dallas 2012 ratings are down significantly from S1 as such i am not sure the studio can justify keeping the show for S3. S1 started off well as people that love Dallas came back to watch the show, but appears those numbers did not stay very long as such the show could be in trouble. We have seen shows with similar ratings be canceled and/or not renewed. I think Dallas 2012 could be on the chopping block! I did hear that Afton Cooper may be showing up in an episode, especially since she would be grandmother for Pam Barnes Ewing. I also heard Lee Majors is schedule to show up as ex Sue Ellen Flame. I am sure there will be a few more surprises like documents being found that talk about Pam and/or other issues that JR had buried. JR skeletons will surely be coming out after his death! I honestly like to see Dallas end after S2 as it was nice to see the character backs as way to close the loop. However, I still prefer the old dallas and i am glad i have it on DVD. I am still waiting for more Knots Landing to come out and feel we have been deprived of another great night time soap opera!!

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Dallas 2013 episode 12 states the following. Christopher is close to finding the location of his Mother. The fact Christopher does not have any money from his Mother suggests she is sill alive. Well we shall find out the week of March 10th news about Pam. The ratings are down not only here but in the UK. The UK in fact moved Dallas to a late night spot because of the low ratings. I thought the whole business of Ann Ewing going free after shooting a man so stupid. The writers should have ditched this plot and never used it. Ann always seemed to carry her shot gun around in season 1. People joked about the fact that she did. I will not comment further because of the rules of the forum.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
Mark Collins said:
Dallas 2013 episode 12 states the following. Christopher is close to finding the location of his Mother. The fact Christopher does not have any money from his Mother suggests she is sill alive. Well we shall find out the week of March 10th news about Pam. The ratings are down not only here but in the UK. The UK in fact moved Dallas to a late night spot because of the low ratings. I thought the whole business of Ann Ewing going free after shooting a man so stupid. The writers should have ditched this plot and never used it. Ann always seemed to carry her shot gun around in season 1. People joked about the fact that she did. I will not comment further because of the rules of the forum.
I am not big fan of how Ann's story played out as it had many similarities to way Sue Ellen was treated by JR as it relate to John Ross. Ann is strong women, but shooting her husband was not something that deserve a plot. You add in Judith Light, who is only 65 years of age does not fit as the grandmother or the mother of Harris Ryland. Dallas is starting to grasp at straws to try a keep people entertained and it is not work as ratings have slipped. JR death may see a spike as a tribute to Larry Hagman, but i am not hopeful the ratings will pick up. Time will only tell what Dallas 2012 has left in the tank, but from the ratings it does not appear much.

Kevin EK

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Based on the ratings TNT is enduring right now for all of their shows, Dallas may not be in that much trouble, at least not yet. It's more likely that they'll pick it up for another season, but with a reduced budget. Regarding Victoria Principal, we should keep in mind that from her perspective, Pamela was finished at the point she left the series. Anything that happened in the series after that wouldn't be anything Victoria Principal would know about. Her update to her fans was intended to quell the rumors and answer anyone's thoughts that she might be planning a return. As she indicated, she has no such plans, nor did she ever contemplate doing this. I am not aware of the new TNT series ever contacting her, given what I understand about the production. As for the new stories about Christopher's search, I honestly don't know what they're doing. It's likely just setting up a way for Christopher to find some kind of closure with something in his past. I would agree that the "Ann on Trial" story was fairly ridiculous. But on the other hand, the original Dallas was full of stories like this. The original intended cliffhanger in 1980 was supposed to be "Jock on Trial", before CBS pushed the writers to generate four more episodes, thus leading to a need for a new cliffhanger and the infamous decision to "just shoot the sonofa..."

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
Kevin EK said:
Based on the ratings TNT is enduring right now for all of their shows, Dallas may not be in that much trouble, at least not yet. It's more likely that they'll pick it up for another season, but with a reduced budget. Regarding Victoria Principal, we should keep in mind that from her perspective, Pamela was finished at the point she left the series.  Anything that happened in the series after that wouldn't be anything Victoria Principal would know about.   Her update to her fans was intended to quell the rumors and answer anyone's thoughts that she might be planning a return.   As she indicated, she has no such plans, nor did she ever contemplate doing this.  I am not aware of the new TNT series ever contacting her, given what I understand about the production.  As for the new stories about Christopher's search, I honestly don't know what they're doing.  It's likely just setting up a way for Christopher to find some kind of closure with something in his past. I would agree that the "Ann on Trial" story was fairly ridiculous.  But on the other hand, the original Dallas was full of stories like this.  The original intended cliffhanger in 1980 was supposed to be "Jock on Trial", before CBS pushed the writers to generate four more episodes, thus leading to a need for a new cliffhanger and the infamous decision to "just shoot the sonofa..."
Hi Kevin, I agree with your post. Victoria Principal left after S10 and the writer left it open for her to come back if either ratings were down or if she was interested. I think over the past 25 years that she has moved away from acting into informmercials, i.e skin care, etc. She seems to have retired from acting as such i am no sure she could be ever convinced to come back to acting. Vicky would be 63 years old now and still looks very good for her age. Christopher on Dallas 2012 says little about his mother as he was very young when she left. Christopher would have been like 8-10 age when his mother left. Christopher has been exposed to new Bobby Ewing wife's for many years ,i.e. April (killed) and now Ann.
Cliff has brought up Pam a few times, especially when he talks to his daughter and says i will not let the Ewing kill you like they did to your Aunt. So,Cliff has hinted Pam is dead. I believe that after JR dies there will be a lot come to surface for the writers to add some fuel, i.e. JR was responsible for Pam's car crash and/or work with Wentworth Industries to move Pam. I would not be surprised if there is diary that is found that lay out deep plans that JR executed over the years. JR used to lie all the time about his role and i am sure that something will come up to show just how bad JR was over 35 years.

HunterMan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Drew
younger1968 said:
Thanks for your post! I decided to watch S10 into S11 when Pam was in the accident and subsequently removed from the hospital via Wentworth Industries. The CEO for Wentworth Industries had come by the house to speak to the family and it was Pam's wish to be moved from the hospital. So, Pam has been not completely factual in her interviews, especially saying she die, because she did not. Victoria Principal may be trying to do different spins on the show, it could be that she has no interest in getting back to acting. It could be deeper issues with the studio, especially when Pam left. I am still wondering if there were some issues with her and the studio as such she has no desire to bring Pam back. Dallas 2012 ratings are down significantly from S1 as such i am not sure the studio can justify keeping the show for S3. S1 started off well as people that love Dallas came back to watch the show, but appears those numbers did not stay very long as such the show could be in trouble. We have seen shows with similar ratings be canceled and/or not renewed. I think Dallas 2012 could be on the chopping block! I did hear that Afton Cooper may be showing up in an episode, especially since she would be grandmother for Pam Barnes Ewing. I also heard Lee Majors is schedule to show up as ex Sue Ellen Flame. I am sure there will be a few more surprises like documents being found that talk about Pam and/or other issues that JR had buried. JR skeletons will surely be coming out after his death! I honestly like to see Dallas end after S2 as it was nice to see the character backs as way to close the loop. However, I still prefer the old dallas and i am glad i have it on DVD. I am still waiting for more Knots Landing to come out and feel we have been deprived of another great night time soap opera!!
Yeah, I don't think Victoria has any real desire to get back into acting. I don't know if she ever was actually contacted by the producers of the new "Dallas" about making an appearance...but she was asked in interviews, when the new show was first being put together, if she would consider making an appearance as Pam again. She declined. Cynthia Cidre has also stated before that trying to include Pam (aka Victoria) has always been an idea or possibility...just on the back-burner as they felt they had not really come up with the right storyline or way to do it. Also with Victoria continuing to not want to have anything to do with "Dallas"...it would make it that much more difficult to try and include Pam. I think if Victoria had or would be willing to make an appearance, Cynthia, producers, writers, etc...would be willing to create an episode or two about that. But, with her continuing to decline, I don't think that's in the plans. As I said before, I think the recent articles and stories about her possible return were either fabrications thrown out there to try and get back higher ratings...or just "hopefulls" by other cast members/crew/writers/whoever that she might make an appearance--as we are still supposed to learn what did happen to Pam--in episode 12. My theory is they'll discover she's dead. :td: :rolleyes: Afton Cooper, Pamela Barnes' mother, will be making an appearance--in episode 11. I'm not sure if it will be just one appearance or a couple/few? Lee Majors is also supposed to be in a few episodes...however, he is a "new" character and was never in the original series. I've always liked him (as I grew up with "The Fall Guy" and have seen reruns of "The Big Valley" and "Six Million Dollar Man", LOL :laugh: ) and I love Sue Ellen, so I'm excited if they will have a storyline together! :cool: As for ratings...cable networks do it differently than the "main" networks. They seem to try and give shows more of a chance than like NBC, CBS, or ABC. Although the ratings are down from last year, I think all of TNT's shows have been having trouble. So, I'm hoping we can still get one more season before TNT might consider pulling the plug...but who knows? It may get cancelled after this season. :( I too love the original "Dallas" and have the entire series, as well as the prequel TV Movie and both reunion TV Movies, on DVD! :tu: But, I really love this new updated series too...almost, or not just as much, as the original show. I can't wait to see what they have in store for us...and even if this is the last season I'm greatful for what we did get! :)

Kevin EK

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Paul, you're quite correct regarding relative ratings for cable vs. network TV shows. For this reason, the new Dallas may be in decent shape - but we'll have to see how things go for the rest of the season's airings. Re VP, she was never contacted to my knowledge. The rumors that have been coming up have been from fans who would like to see her return to the role. Her announcement was intended to gently let them know this will not be happening. She hasn't acted in years and does not have any intention of doing so at this time. Let's see what the new eps bring. I'll be curious how they say goodbye to J.R.

HunterMan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Drew
Yeah, it's been somewhat confusing the past couple months or so, with rumors and articles showing up about Victoria possibly making a surprise appearance as Pam. I've always been somewhat skeptical...but still hopeful with the last couple statements made reguarding the matter (before the final one with Victoria's own statement that she would not be showing up) that gave the impression that she might show up once, having something to do with J.R.'s death. This would have been the perfect shocker of who killed J.R....and I really wish she would have agreed and they could have done this. But, that's obviously not going to happen. Originally, and now with Victoria's own statement, I don't think she was necessarily actually contacted by producers of the new "Dallas" series. But, Cynthia herself has stated that the idea of trying to include her at some point was always an idea kept around...they just had not really found the right way to do it. Interviews with Victoria, back when the new series was first being put together and also during the first season, had her saying she had no desire to come on the show and would not be making an appearance. Interviews with other cast, including Patrick Duffy, stated that Victoria was the one declining and that she had no desire to return to the show. If Victoria would have agreed at some point, I do think the producers would have made it happen...but with her having nothing to do with the show anymore, they I'm sure decided to not bother with contacting her. As for Pam's fate that we are still supposed to learn towards the end of the season...again I think they will have Bobby and Christopher discover she's dead. :td: As for ratings...despite lower ones compared to the first season, I'm really hoping TNT will give the show at least one more season. But, that's up in the air, so-to-speak, at this point. The 2nd season finale may end up being the series finale. :( But, I'm still hopeful...I've loved what they've done so far and can't wait to see what else is yet to come! I too cannot wait to see how they have J.R. go "out"...and to find out who done it. :)

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
I watched episode tonight, which appears to be JR's last episode as gun shots are heard in the background. It took me back to the night JR was shot for first time in the 1980s. Next week's episode will be interesting as it will say what we all have been dreaded or waiting for since Larry Hagman died. Gary Ewing was on tonight, but he was looking very old. Ted Shackleford did not age well and looks like he is older then his current age.

HunterMan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Drew
younger1968 said:
I watched episode tonight, which appears to be JR's last episode as gun shots are heard in the background. It took me back to the night JR was shot for first time in the 1980s. Next week's episode will be interesting as it will say what we all have been dreaded or waiting for since Larry Hagman died. Gary Ewing was on tonight, but he was looking very old. Ted Shackleford did not age well and looks like he is older then his current age.
Yeah...tonight's episode and next week's we've known were coming...and are "bitter-sweet". Although I'm saddened to see J.R.'s final episodes...I'm also excited to finally see them play out! We only heard footsteps that could have been made by anyone before the gunshots. There was no differentiation say between a pair of high heels or cowboy boots...it was just footsteps. I can't wait to see the next couple episodes, to see who killed J.R.! Tonight's episode was very reminiscent of 1980's "Who Shot J.R.?"!! Now it's "Who Killed J.R.?" With the death of Larry Hagman, this is exactly what they should do...awesome!! :D Ted Shackelford does look a little older for sure...but I don't know if he looks all that bad for 66 or 67 years old. I think he looks okay...plus as Gary he's had a "heck" of a life, with a life-long alcohol problem, continual problems with Val & their relationship, being an outcast from the family (mainly by J.R.), etc... So, we could say all that has had factors in him looking a little "old". ;) Next week's episode will be superb...with several other past cast showing up, fascinating plot twists, and we hopefully will learn what J.R.'s "masterpiece" was/is as the next few episodes play out! :tu: I am a Christian so I don't know if "J.R." is above us now :P ...but I truly hope Larry is looking down smiling. :)

Kevin EK

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Episode 7 was indeed the final episode done with Larry Hagman. It appears to me that he probably didn't finish all the scenes they intended him to do, and some rewriting was done around his passing. I don't know if he was always supposed to have suddenly gone to Abu Dhabi. I have a feeling that the producers rebuilt the story around him to set up what will now be the rest of the season, albeit without having to reshoot anything - the rebuilding was done in off-camera dialogue that was looped in later. I also believe they re-used various lines of JR's from earlier in the season and from the prior season. ("It'll be my masterpiece", "You're my son, from tip to tail". I agree that Ted Shackleford definitely looks his age. As do all the cast members.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
Kevin EK said:
Episode 7 was indeed the final episode done with Larry Hagman.  It appears to me that he probably didn't finish all the scenes they intended him to do, and some rewriting was done around his passing.  I don't know if he was always supposed to have suddenly gone to Abu  Dhabi.  I have a feeling that the producers rebuilt the story around him to set up what will now be the rest of the season, albeit without having to reshoot anything - the rebuilding was done in off-camera dialogue that was looped in later.    I also believe they re-used various lines of JR's from earlier in the season and from the prior season.  ("It'll be my masterpiece", "You're my son, from tip to tail". I agree that Ted Shackleford definitely looks his age.  As do all the cast members.
Hi Kevin, I would not be surprised to a diary/files or something show up that would tie things out over the years, i.e. victoria principal disappearance, money for John Ross, etc JR will go down in TV history as one of the best character ever produce on TV!!

HunterMan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Drew
It was known that J.R. would only be in the first few episodes of this season, after the death of Larry Hagman. :( They stated after his death that everyone had to go back in and re-write, re-shoot, and re-film things to now set up the whole death of J.R. I can't wait to find out who killed him...I hope it goes on for a couple/few episodes before the killer is finally revealed. I also hope it's a huge shocker, and not some obvious person such as Cliff. However, I have a feeling that J.R.'s schemes and dealings will be around for quite some time, and will "haunt" the family for years to come (pun intended ). Aka, JR.'s legacy will live on. :cool: I wouldn't expect everyone to still look like they did 25-30 years ago...in all honesty I think Bobby looks worse at his age than Gary! :P If Patrick Duffy would dye his hair, he'd look a ton better. :laugh: But, he's still Bobby and I love all the originals. I think Sue Ellen (aka Linda Gray) looks superb for her age...possibly even better than the last few of her seasons of the original show! However, no matter what they look like, they're still iconic. After all, if Elvis or Marilyn Monroe were still alive they definitely would not still look 25-35 anymore (Elvis would be 78 and Marilyn would be heading towards 87)...but they'd still be iconic--because they would still be Elvis and Marilyn. ;) It will also be interesting to see what Val looks like now, as well as Mandy Winger and Cally. The funeral episode will be "iconic", in my opinion, and I can't wait! :tu:

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
I watched S12 of Dallas to follow the story line on Pamele Rebecca Barnes. I find it very interesting that Afton's daughter had blonde hair in 1989 and would have been about four years old to tie to 1985 birth date. S12 last season that Afton appears on Dallas. I believe she is due to appear on Dallas 2012 within the next few episodes. In should be interesting to see how Afton is brought back into the fold. Pam Rebecca Barnes (Julie Gonazalo says very little about her mother. I also still believe that JR masterpiece has the potential to be something very good. Dallas can salute JR's character for 35 years of service to Dallas. RIP - Larry Hagman aka JR Ewing - You were an amazing actor and your role as JR will go down as one TV's best villain!!

HunterMan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Drew
Well...will there be a season 3? I think there's a good chance! :D It seems ratings have gotten better with each episode, and are much higher than they were with the season premiere. Here is a small "snipit" piece from an online interview with Cynthia Cidre and Mike Robin concerning a season 3 and plans for it with characters and plotlines: [Can you say where we are with a season three pick up? Mike – You know our ratings have gone up every week so those are good things. We don’t have any indication yet about pick up for year three other than the fact they are very pleased that the numbers are going up and up each week. There are fun seeds that are planted this episode until the end for stuff we are going to do next year. Cynthia – We are surely hoping for a third season and the last episode of this season will not only reveal who killed JR but then it will set up ramifications from everything that’s happening in the next seven episodes that will spin several of our characters in a direction in season three. We are planning that. UD – So a good cliff-hanger? Cynthia – Some good cliff-hanger’s, yes.] The funeral episode is Monday night and that will be a superb episode for sure...but we will not find out who killed J.R. until the season finale--and another part of this interview stated that it will be a shocker! I can't wait!! :tu: They also say in the interview that we will find out what really happened to Pam Ewing (aka Victoria Principal)--and that was part of J.R.'s original "masterpiece"! They say there will be definite concrete resolution reguarding the "Pam" questions and rumors. Again, my theory will be she's dead...but who knows? :rolleyes: :td: But, despite that, it sounds like things are coming along nicely, and that "Dallas" is not quite ready for the chopping-block as some have tried to claim. ;) We never know...TNT could cancel it, but I really doubt it. Season 3 will probably be the tell-tall season of whether the series continues or not. There is a lot more in the interview about J.R., his demise, how they went about it after Larry's death, and much more! There's really no spoilers (or anything revealed that hasn't already been aired so far), and any questions geared towards who killed J.R. or things not aired yet were not answered or were not published yet. The interview is at ultimatedallas.com. I can't wait to see what is in store for us, and again....I LOVE THIS SHOW!! :cool:

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
It is interesting that JR was in Abu Dhabi as there were many episodes in the original series talked about Saudi Oil and how it was impacting the independents. The Saudi as part of OPEC set the price for oil as such it is interesting to see wjy JR's character was over in the middle east. JR has so many enemies over the years that anyone could have wanted to kill him. The killer if i were a guessing man will be somebody from his past that he did a bad deal with that was waiting for right time to bumped him off. I do not think it is anyone from the cartel, like Jordan Lee as many of those people are now dead. It could easily be someone from the venezuala plot that is seeking revenge on JR for the bad deal with them or it could be an independent that JR ruin or Carter McKay could also be a suspect. It will be great build up for the remaining episodes to work on the who dunnit? Maybe it is time to watch the original JR episode Who shot JR? Dallas to get a 3rd season will depend on not just rating, but whether Dallas can truly carry on without JR. There are many interviews that both Linday Gray and Patrick Duffy have stated that Dallas is not Dallas unless Sue Ellen, Bobby and JR are part of the projects.

HunterMan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Drew
younger1968 said:
It is interesting that JR was in Abu Dhabi as there were many episodes in the original series talked about Saudi Oil and how it was impacting the independents. The Saudi as part of OPEC set the price for oil as such it is interesting to see wjy JR's character was over in the middle east. JR has so many enemies over the years that anyone could have wanted to kill him. The killer if i were a guessing man will be somebody from his past that he did a bad deal with that was waiting for right time to bumped him off. I do not think it is anyone from the cartel, like Jordan Lee as many of those people are now dead. It could easily be someone from the venezuala plot that is seeking revenge on JR for the bad deal with them or it could be an independent that JR ruin or Carter McKay could also be a suspect. It will be great build up for the remaining episodes to work on the who dunnit? Maybe it is time to watch the original JR episode Who shot JR? Dallas to get a 3rd season will depend on not just rating, but whether Dallas can truly carry on without JR. There are many interviews that both Linday Gray and Patrick Duffy have stated that Dallas is not Dallas unless Sue Ellen, Bobby and JR are part of the projects.
I really hope that who they eventually reveal as J.R.'s killer is a huge but captivating shocker! :D But, we'll see...it could be someone from the past (aka original show) or it could be someone in this new show. Time will tell. As for the 3rd season...nothing is definite yet. But, according to the interview with Cynthia Cidre and Mike Robin I mentioned above, it looks promising. :tu: As for the ratings and who's in or out...pretty much any show will continue if the ratings are decent enough--even without a past character or two. ;) Even if J.R. was still around, if the ratings completely tanked for very long the show would probably be cancelled. But, as the interview I posted about above stated, ratings have gotten better as each episode and the season has progressed! :) We will find out whether the show can carry on for a length of time without J.R.--but because Larry Hagman was so ill most of the time, he really wasn't in this new show that much...and the show has come along nicely regardless. Nothing is set in stone yet...but I think we will see a season 3--as plotlines will still carry over that still involve J.R.'s dealings and his "masterpiece". As for interviews with Patrick Duffy and Linda Gray saying "Dallas" will not be Dallas unless they and J.R. are all there...most of those were done when this new show was first being put together, almost 2 years ago before anyone realized how sick Larry Hagman really was. They were right to do things that way then...but now with Larry's death, and the show revolving around the death of J.R.--I think they'll stick around. Most any actor/actress will stick around if the ratings and money are good enough, and fans still want them. Plus, I think they will want to carry on J.R.'s (aka Larry's) legacy, and not cut out and let it "die". ;) Season 3 may be the tell-tale season that'll decide whether the series goes on further or not. Even if it's the last season, I'll still be greatful for what we've had and were "treated" to. :cool:

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
I'll go out on a limb and say Judith Light shot J.R. in revenge for thinking Bobby shot her son! Weird scenario, but isn't that what Dallas is known for?:D

HunterMan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Drew
Ron1973 said:
I'll go out on a limb and say Judith Light shot J.R. in revenge for thinking Bobby shot her son! Weird scenario, but isn't that what Dallas is known for?:D
Possibly...but Judith and Harris know that Ann shot him. They just tried to send Bobby to prison for it, to take revenge on Ann. I actually hope it's more of a shocker than that...someone we would not have thought of or expected--possibly a cast member from the original show, that hasn't shown until now. I know that Val is supposed to make an appearance...maybe it's her for what J.R. originally did to her and her family (trying to split up and destroy her and Gary while taking Lucy from them)?? Can't wait to find out! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks