What's new

Dallas Season 3 (1 Viewer)

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Well, I remember it being in the top 10 at Amazon.com at one point.

But the first set was released in August. If it's not announced by next spring, I'd start bellyaching.

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
Don't worry.....I'm sure it is coming this year...the 25th Anniversary of "Who SHot J.R.?" isn't going to go by unnoticed.

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
well, they recently announced Wonder Woman Season 2- a set i would have pegged as being a much iffier proposition than S3 of Dallas. arriving just a little over 8 months after the first one streeted- so if that is anything to go by, it might be a month or two before Dallas is announced-
of course, we might even have another Warner chat by then and i would definitely expect the subject to come up if anything hasn't been officially announced.

i'm not too worried about this.
i would be shocked if it didn't show up sometime in Q2.

Louis C

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the info guys. Judging by current the Amazon sales rank (#1436) sales are not going briskly right now. The set has been in release since late August 2004, so that's somewhat understandable.

I am concerned whether the sales were enough to do Season 3, because there hasn't been even a single comment from WB.

Chris:L

Supporting Actor
I have a feeling it didn't sell well in the first place.

I also have a feeling that they're not going to be releasing any future seasons either.

"Victoria Principal: Da-amn, that woman has aged like fine wine...with special emphasis on the word "fine."

Thanks to her Principal Products.

Dan*T

Supporting Actor
That really sucks...
I was under the impression that it sold reasonably well...
:frowning:

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Hi from the "real" Dallas, TX :)

I'm new to HTF. Needless to say, this site is awesome. I learned about it from Gord's TVshowsONDVD site. That site's a TV/DVD collectors dream :)

Yep, DALLAS is a great series. I've been wondering about Season 3's timetable as well. Seems a little odd that we haven't heard from WB about it considering the large fanbase and popularity worldwide of this series.

- Jeff Willis

Supporting Actor
Welcome to the board! Hopefully, you'll participate in many of our ongoing discussions. Your opinion will be valued.

....and then criticized. :D Just kidding.

Haden

Supporting Actor
Surely the good ratings of the "Return to Southfork" special in November (which prompted a repeat of the special a week later) could be a motivating factor in releasing more DVD sets as well. The fanbase is out there. I find it hard to believe that the first DVD set didn't sell well enough to warrant future releases.

And you just know the main reason that new tv special was made was for its eventual use on one of the DVD sets next year.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Chris, thanks for the welcome. I'll remember the advice about the critisizm:laugh:

Haden: I think you're right about the "Return to Southfork" strategy; I'd expect it will be an "extra" on the next set.

- Jeff Willis:)

Dan*T

Supporting Actor
I too am being optimistic that Dallas has a large enough fanbase that it will not be an issue for Warner to continue the releases...
let's hope someone important at Warner is reading this!!
:D

Haden

Supporting Actor
Plus there's the whole significance of this year being the 25th anniversary of the "Who shot J.R." event of seasons 3 and 4, as mentioned earlier in this thread. There's no way they'd pass up milking that for potential DVD sales.

I'm just worried that seasons 3 and 4 may be the last we get of this series on DVD :frowning:

Louis C

Supporting Actor
It's a pretty good bet seasons 3 and 4 would out-sell 1 & 2. I find it curious though that no one from Warner has said a word about there being a season 3 release planned.

Methinks that if it is released, we might have a wait.

Amy Mormino

Supporting Actor
Regarding its current low Amazon position, I remember reading in an earlier post about this show's first DVD release that it ranked pretty high in Amazon pre-purchases. Perhaps the show's loyal fans just bought it early.

That said, I do wonder if soap opera-style shows will remain underrepresented in the DVD market. So many haven't come to DVD, including big hits like Dynasty, Knots Landing, and Melrose Place, not to mention the untapped potential of daytime soaps. I can only hope that their absence will not be permanent.

Supporting Actor
How would they release daytime dramas? And who would find the time to sit on their butts to watch 356 episodes?

You could release by month. General Hospital: Month 1.

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
Daytime soaps will probably never make it to dvd in complete versions, due to the number of episodes. I'll bet WB will finish all 14 Seasons of Dallas though, since it is such a classic.

Supporting Actor
It must be a headache for the actors and actresses and the crew to film daily saop operas. The stress level alone.

all 14 seasons? The show started to suck after Pam left.

Amy Mormino

Supporting Actor
By the "untapped potential" of daytime soaps, I meant more the possibility of best-of sets or something creative that would revolve around particular characters or stories. That was done some on VHS, but hasn't really been done on the DVD format. Only the most dedicated fans would want season sets!

Returning to the Dallas theme, this show would really test the limits of how many seasons could be successfully released. It really did lose something when Pam and other key characters left. I did hear, though, that sales show fans will buy seasons irregardless of how well the particular season was initially received.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks