What's new

Dallas Season 3 (1 Viewer)

Louis C

Supporting Actor
Read a rumor on Ultimate Dallas that season 3 is in the works.

Hope this is for real. After finishing with the first set, I am aching for the next season. What a great show.

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
I'm guessing both Season 3 and Season 4 will be released next year for the 25th Anniversary of the "Who Shot J.R.?" storyline. I would imagine Season 3 sometime around May and Season 4 next fall...just a guess.

Haden

Supporting Actor
Hope it's true. The release of this series on DVD could be as potentially slow and frustrating as the Simpsons. Personally I don't think 2 seasons per year would be good enough, given the lack of extras they plan to include.

Using the first set as an example of the small amount of extras and lack of episode remastering, I think they could easily get 3 season sets out per year. I'd feel more committed to collecting this series on DVD if I was confident that they'd release every season in a reasonable timeframe.

I also hope they release "Dallas: The Early Years" on a seperate DVD or as a bonus disc in a future season set. I haven't seen that movie in years.

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
just saw part of a new reunion show on CBS (they completely give away the Who Shot JR storyline).
wonder if this will make it onto any potential future dvd sets?

it would be nice if we don't have to wait until next August for the next set (personally my favorite season of the show)

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member

They gave away ALL other "cliffhanger" resolutions as well. But, I'd have to say, So what?

Is there actually someone on the mortal coil who doesn't realize that Miss Ellie shot J.R. with a loaded spatula in the conservatory??

j/k

But, seriously, I don't think giving away the 25-year-old cliffhanger resolutions is too much to be scolded for.

I really liked that DALLAS REUNION Special that aired November 7th. Excellent stuff, IMO. And I, too, hope that 2-hr. special makes it to DVD as a Bonus supplement on a future set (perhaps Season 3 even).

Some of those bloopers/gags were great! Miss Ellie using the F word was hysterical. Bleeped over of course for TV. And "blacked" over the mouth. But I *think* it was the F word. I'm doubting they bleeped "horse feathers". :)

BTW -- RIP, Howard Keel. I liked him. :frowning:

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
I think people buying these sets already know who shot J.R. (and what Bobby was doing in Pam's shower).

About the reunion special...

Victoria Principal: Da-amn, that woman has aged like fine wine...with special emphasis on the word "fine."

Charlene Tilton: Still annoying after all these years.

Matthew Green

Stunt Coordinator
They MAY be 25 years old...But I NEVER saw an episode of Dallas...I bought the first boxed set and won't watch it until season 3 comes out when the big mystery happens...I'll watch all 3 in order then

Haden

Supporting Actor
I find it hard to believe that the reunion special would be released on DVD by itself. More likely it'll be an extra on the season 3 or 4 sets coming in 2005.

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member

I agree, Haden -- and was thinking exactly the same thing when I saw that post (above). It'd make the ideal "Bonus" supplement, IMO. A good Special, too, if you ask me. Larry Hagman's the man! I loved the way he was making fun of some aspects of the show -- like the idea of all those "grown-up boys livin' in the same house; with just the one bedroom each; and just that one phone in the hallway!" :laugh:

(Although, I DO believe there was a phone in each bedroom if I'm not mistaken. But his remark was still funny. Each man is a multi-millionaire on his own -- and they are confined to one bedroom each @ Southfork.)

Come to think of it -- we never really see the WHOLE house as I recall. Only the kitchen, the parlor (aka: "The Official Everybody Go Here To Get Soused On Bourbon-&-Branch While Pickin' At Each Other Before
Dinner"
Room :)), the Dining Room, and the study/den (which is tiny).

And the kitchen in S.1/S.2, you shall note, is really shabby-looking (considering it's a multi-million-dollar ranch house). Looks like the Evans' type kitchen in "Good Times". Crappy kitchen until Season 3 or 4 I guess.

But where's the Game Room? The billiard table? The "Great Room"? Or even a main/bigger "Living" Room? Or other large "do-nothing" rooms in a house that looks that big from the outside?

Where, I ask, where???

:)

"Are you gonna punch me out, Bobby?"

"No, J.R."

"Good ... Because it's dinner time, and I don't think mama would take kindly to my comin' to the dinner table with a split lip."

:)

Eric Paddon

Screenwriter

The same place Rob Petrie's basement rock was in Season 1 and his pool table disappeared to after Season 2 in the DVD Show? :D

(You know I couldn't resist that, David). :D

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
You may have a point, Eric. :)

Via UltimateDallas.com (I guess this must be correct; but it still seems a little light on # of rooms to me). ..........

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
Obviously it's just the 1st floor....I knew that. But on just the 1st floor alone I think there should be approximately 7,894 more rooms. (Give or take 197.) J.R.'s ego needs plenty of room to breathe, you see. And he needs gobs of space in which to plan how he next will stab a close friend between the shoulder blades via his next crooked deal. :)

Haden

Supporting Actor
Yeah, the whole ranch should have been designed more like the Corleone compound in The Godfather, with each man having his own home, with all of them close together. That's more realistic for multi-millionaires.

Louis C

Supporting Actor
There's a lot of frustration on the UltimateDallas bulletin board that there has been no official word yet on the Season 3 set.

Anyone with current info please post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks