What's new

"Dallas" complete series (1 Viewer)

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
If Warner Bros., upon the conclusion of "Dallas" and the release of its post-series films, decides to release a complete series release of "Dallas," will they convert the doubles to singles for that release, or will they keep the doubles? My guess is that they will convert to singles.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by bmasters9
If Warner Bros., upon the conclusion of "Dallas" and the release of its post-series films, decides to release a complete series release of "Dallas," will they convert the doubles to singles for that release, or will they keep the doubles? My guess is that they will convert to singles.
I'd guess the same. That seems to be the pattern once a series has been completed in single-season sets. Then a complete single-sided set get released. It makes me think twice about collecting single-season series sets sometimes.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Originally Posted by Jeff Willis
I'd guess the same. That seems to be the pattern once a series has been completed in single-season sets. Then a complete single-sided set get released. It makes me think twice about collecting single-season series sets sometimes.
That's what I thought. If the complete-series release was the same double-sided discs of the original releases, there would be little to no sales, at least in my guesstimation.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by bmasters9
That's what I thought. If the complete-series release was the same double-sided discs of the original releases, there would be little to no sales, at least in my guesstimation.
I guess the question is, how many Dallas fans would double-dip for a complete s/s disc set?

MattHR

Screenwriter
I'm sure more than a few would, especially if they added some great extras and packaged the set in a sturdy replica of the Southfork Ranch mansion.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
If they suddenly switched to single-sided discs...um...that's a LOT of discs. I mean, 357 episodes plus 2 movies??? That's about 90 discs! Come on, now!!

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Originally Posted by Ethan Riley
If they suddenly switched to single-sided discs...um...that's a LOT of discs. I mean, 357 episodes plus 2 movies??? That's about 90 discs! Come on, now!!
But hey, you gotta admit that 90 singles is a whole lot better than the equivalent number of doubles. That's how I choose to look at it.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
MattHR said:
/forum/thread/301673/dallas-complete-series#post_3704477
But hey, you gotta admit that 90 singles is a whole lot better than the equivalent number of doubles. That's how I choose to look at it.
A lot better....I'll trade that any day for those double-sided coasters.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Well, I'd be all for it, except that it would be a lot of wastefulness--I have no idea what I'd do with all my old boxed sets. I don't like the double-sided discs, but without exception, all my Dallas dvds play just fine. It's just a pity that the picture quality is so poor on most of the episodes, and there's nothing they can do to improve it. And if they can't improve it, then there's no reason to upgrade.
As an aside, am I going crazy, or was there a tv movie that showed the early days of Jock and Miss Ellie? Has that been put on dvd? (Does it even exist?)

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Originally Posted by Ethan Riley
Well, I'd be all for it, except that it would be a lot of wastefulness--I have no idea what I'd do with all my old boxed sets. I don't like the double-sided discs, but without exception, all my Dallas dvds play just fine. It's just a pity that the picture quality is so poor on most of the episodes, and there's nothing they can do to improve it. And if they can't improve it, then there's no reason to upgrade.
As an aside, am I going crazy, or was there a tv movie that showed the early days of Jock and Miss Ellie? Has that been put on dvd? (Does it even exist?)
You're not crazy. "Dallas: The Early Years", from 1986, covered the backstory of the Ewing and Barnes families. WB said in a chat they will be releasing the movies separately after the last season, which, based on past release history, I guess will be in the first half next year.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
I am hoping the final season of dallas comes out in November 2010. I have 1-13 seasons on dvd and love this show. I also started to collect Falconcrest, which is the Dallas version in the Napa Valley. I missed the good ole shows like what was on in the 1960s/1970s/1980s.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
i am hoping that we hear something shortly about S14 of Dallas. I would think it should be out Nov/10-Jan/11 time frame.

bretmaverick2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tom Hunter
Aren't there a total of 4 'Dallas' telefilms?? I know that there is the 'Dallas: The Early Years' or whatever it was called, but I thought that there were 3 movies AFTER the series.

But I could well be mistaken.

whisperintherain

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Romain
No, there are only two reunion movies: J.R. Returns, which premiered in 1996 and War of the Ewings which premiered in 1998.

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
You are right there are four Dallas films. The Dallas Early Years. Then the other two films picking up where the storyline ends. The reuinon was with the cast Return to Dallas 11/7/04 which I believe is an extra on one of the DVD sets. The other was another reunion with the cast but I believe it never aired it had Sheree J Wilson in it. Plus the TV land awards had most of them together for about 5 minutes. The actors also reflected on the series on The Entertainment Channel for two hours. The Country Station Channel did a special with the stars where Dallas was aired after airing in the early 90s with edited eps in major cities right after it was cancled. The Soap channel had it for I do not know how many years. I remember the show aired in reruns while it was still on the air. Dynasty followed and Falcon Crest. I do not remember if Knots Landing did the same.

I want to see I guess the not aired reunion just a couple years back

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Larry Hagman passed yesterday (11/23) away in Dallas CNN post is here
He was probably best known for this thread's show. I was also a fan of his for "I Dream Of Jeannie".
I recall meeting Linda Gray in '06. We talked about "JR" and Larry's impact on that series.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
Jeff Willis said:
Larry Hagman passed yesterday (11/23) away in Dallas CNN post is here
He was probably best known for this thread's show. I was also a fan of his for "I Dream Of Jeannie".
I recall meeting Linda Gray in '06. We talked about "JR" and Larry's impact on that series.
It is sad to see Larry Hagman passed on. Larry created a character that was despised by all! The JR character will go down as one the more famous character on TV.
I have Dallas S1-14 and watch it from time to time. Dallas IHMO was the best earlier on, especially when JR was shot and/or was scheming to make Ewing the biggest independent. The later seasons seem to hurt Dallas as more and more characters were introduced. However, JR constant scheming was always presence.
RIP JR as you truly can now be with Jock in Heaven now!!

tvfanman00

Auditioning
Real Name
tv
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dallas-Complete-Season-1-14-DVD/dp/B007N0IKKM/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1353790495&sr=8-2 has a complete series with single sided discs

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks