What's new

CVT-300S wiring question (1 Viewer)

Steve*M

Auditioning
I have a 5.1 surround sound card in my computer, a Sony MHC-GX40 Shelf System, and a Custom subwoofer with a Adire Shiva in a 7ish cubic foot enclosure ported and tuned to some subsonic frequency (the chart stopped at 20 hz, i think it's in the 15ish hz area) and powered by a CVT-300S from Apex Jr.

I've had the 300S and shiva for awhile now, I origionally got the GX40 for christmas in 2002 i think, and it was about 1 year after i got it i became tired of hearing the whimpy 5" subwoofer. So i bought the shiva and MDF with my own money and my dad paid for the amp as a birthday present and we assembled it and put it in my room. I hardwired the sub to an extent by shorting the subwoofer activaion switch terminals, running a RCA to bare wire adapter out of the subwoofer jack, ran 18 gauge wire around my room to the high-level inputs on the amp, then more 18 gauge from the same line in (to bypass crossover) to a male RCA jack to a coupler and into the wiring on the 5" sub.

Now i have a new SoundBlaster Live 5.1 surround sound card,and i want to connect it to the sub. One problem: the computer emits a roughly 500mv signal, while the shelf system emits a 120 watt signal. So I already know i'm going to have 2 wires going to the sub.

How can i wire the 2 signals into the amp? Can i run the computer signal into the left input and the system signal into the right input, or can i run the system input into the left input and the computer signal into the RCA jack, or do i need to put a double pole double throw switch inline for switching between signals?

Steve*M

Auditioning
here's a system map so you can see what everything is-

compsysmap.gif

The connections labeled P and N are the positive and negative connections between the system and the OEM sub. The lines show how i have all the wiring running.I want to know if i can take those P and N connections and connect them to the line level in on the right channel while the computer wires are left on the left channel (as shown in picture).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks