What's new

curtain styles/ pics. (1 Viewer)

Larry*S

Agent
My theater is nearing completion. I already purchased the material for the curtains. I was wondering if anyone has any specific pics or sites so i can get some ideas. Ive seen some in the past, but that was so long ago, its not fresh in my mind.

thanks,

larry*s

Larry*S

Agent
Erik,
I like the 1x4 idea. Ive been busting my hump on how to hang this thing, and I think that will work out perfect. I was also wondering how everything stays in place, I remember hanging curtains on my window, and it took all day (things falling....) But the stapling in place is perfect. Its amazing how something so simple works so well. Why didnt I think of that? Well, im gonna get to work, thanks for saving me time and trouble. Now all I gotta do is learn how to use the sewing machine, and Im all set!

larry

Erik Farstad

Supporting Actor
Larry, Hey I always believe in doing things the easiest way possible, while saving as much money as possible as well...but much credit must also go to my wife...she sewed and I stappled! :D Plus it was HER marvelous idea, thanks to many hours of watching what I call "Girly-Home Decorating Shows", to staple it all to a board and then attach it all to the ceiling!:emoji_thumbsup:

Good luck on the sewing machine gig...just go slow and all should be good! ;) Have fun and share your results when it's done. What colors are you considering?

E

Larry*S

Agent
My walls are black. I got some indoor/outdoor carpet which I adhered to the walls. It actually looks very clean cut and nice. The floor carpet is 'Matador Red'. I got it from home depot and installed it myself. Its actually not a solid red. There is a subtle checkered pattern in it. To break up the blackness of the walls, I added a few pannels (actually my son's old closet doors) which I coveres with "christmas red" velvet material. I will be using the same "christmas red" material as the curtains/drapes. Although in regular light its kinda 'red', with the black walls and ceiling, it tones it down to a real nice color. Th funny thing about this whole project, is that I havnt even purchased a tv or sound system yet. But im having fun building. And as for those 'girly decorating shows' Ive been relying heavily on 'Queer Eye' for my decorating tips!
Oh yeah, one more thing. Were the liquid nails enough to hold the lip on your carpet down? or did you have to staple/ tack it down aswell? I used some carpet adhesive,and I tried staple gunning it down, but my staple gun didnt have enough umph to get into the plywood fully, so I actually had to get upholstery tacks to secure the carpet. Its been 2 weeks already and its still in place, so I guess it will hold.

Ill try and post some pics soon,
Thanks for your help and responses,

larry

Erik Farstad

Supporting Actor
Larry...I used the liquid nails to hold the carpet down around the lip/edge of my stage and it did work just fine. Make sure you buy the liquid nails made for "Trim Work" or that says "Quick bonding" or something like that...normal liquid nails may not work as well. They make several types.

Have fun...and do me a favor, please find another source of decorating tips ok! ;) :D

E

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks