What's new

Current TV DVDs you plan to buy in 2009 (1 Viewer)

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
I plan on continuing Adam 12 and The Mod Squad, and I'd like to complete Gomer Pyle: U.S.M.C. (one season to go) and (hopefully) start on Room 222, which according to a few sources is going to be issued. :emoji_thumbsup:

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
From the opening post it seemed you could only post a list of DVDs currently available to buy.

My list (like a poster above (hope it's ok to do the same thing) the '+' is for further seasons/series which haven't been announced yet) :

Midsomer Murders: Box 2
Mannix: Season 2+
Dallas: Season 9 (DVD 10)+
The Invaders: Season 2
The Rockford Files: Season 6+ (the 90's TV movies)
Friday the 13th: The Series: Season 2+
Hawaii Five-O: Season 5+
Law and Order: Season 6+
Tales from the Darkside: Season 1+
Wire in the Blood: Series 6
Knots Landing: Season 2+

and not announced yet:

Mission: Impossible: Season 6+ (including the late 80's and early 90's revival).

nikkif99uk

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Nikki Fineing
Already ordered two dvds from my list - Supernatural - Season 2 and Silent Witness - Season 2

nikkif99uk

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Nikki Fineing
updated my list added Zoey 101 Season 1 and Secret World Of Alex Mack season 1 to list

Real Name
Tom
I don't generally plan to far ahead, but I now that in January I will definetly be scooping:

Seinfeld: S9
Bones: S2
Have I Got News For You: The Best of Guest Presenters (Vols 1 and 2)

nikkif99uk

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Nikki Fineing
just updated my list as just ordered Dead Zone - Season 3, Third Watch - Season 1 and Firefly - Complete Series

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Here's my list of the announced (thru March so far) titles that I'll be getting:

MANNIX S201/06/09MATLOCK S201/13/09ROCKFORD FILES S601/20/09THE INVADERS S201/27/09THE LOVE BOAT S2 V101/27/09BEWITCHED S702/03/09NY ISLANDERS SET 03/03/09BARNEY MILLER S303/17/09ROOM 222 S103/24/09

I owe Gary for getting me "plugged in" to Matlock. That's another 80's series (along with MacGyver) that I missed in initial & syndicated airings. Great shows.

michael_ks

Screenwriter
Gary & Jeff: nice lists! And a Happy New Year to you both.

Using a little cut-and-paste from your posts, I come up with the following so far:

Mannix Season 2
Invaders Season 2
Partridge Family Season 4
Route 66 Season 3, V. 1

Michael "typing this from Puerto Rico with one hand on the keyboard and the other swatting mosquitos"_ks

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary

LOL. Hope you are enjoying Puerto Rico, Michael (in spite of the pests).

I forgot a show that should have been added under my "Anticipated" list: The Donna Reed Show Season 2. I'll edit my list right now and add it. That one is supposedly scheduled for release before the end of May.

Gary "take care, everyone" O.

TV_Fan

Second Unit
Real Name
Chris H
Right now my only definite planned buy is Mr Belvedere in March. I'm trying to cut back and save money as much as possible. I'm sure along the way though I'll pick up other titles that interest me if I see them on sale.
Also Gimme A Break season 3 whenever it is announced.

mannix

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
tim
mannix season 2
room 222 season 1
mr belvedere seasons 1 & 2
mary tyler moore show season 1

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
announced
Room 222
East Of Eden
Partridge Family S4

anticipated
Saturday Night Live 79/80 Season
Mary Tyler Moore S5
Battlestar Galactica Complete Series (Blu-ray)

Will likely pick up Rhoda as well. Trying to go into 2009 with an economizing mindset, but if there are any killer sales I wouldn't mind picking up various seasons of The Odd Couple, Rockford Files, Mannix, Gomer Pyle, Family Affair, That Girl

On the other, if any of these were to be released, they would be an immediate purchase- sale or not:
McMillan & Wife S2
McCloud S3
Quincy S3
Night Gallery S3
Weird Science S3

TV_Fan

Second Unit
Real Name
Chris H
I'm adding Tales From the Darkside to my list as it was confirmed George Romero will be doing commentary so that's a nice added bonus. On the back of the set it has the usual "some episodes may be edited" but also mentions music changes. Does anyone know what copyrighted music was used in season 1? I really don't remember any.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard

I'm not having a go by saying this, but you might get a better chance of a reply to your music rights question by posting it in the existing thread for Tales from the Darkside.

mannix

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
tim
I'm hoping for season 2 volumes 1 and 2 of cannon, season 3 of mannix
to be released

heathjack

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Heath
DVDS THATS coming out:
California dreams seaon one andtwo
my twodads seasonone
ghostbuster vloume one
Family ties-the fifth season
the lucy show
my threesons

ones i liked to buy:
the flip wilsion show
macgyver second season
i love lucy-the third season
slider the third season
he-man master of the univser 2002 vloume three

nikkif99uk

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Nikki Fineing
Added Picket Fences - Season 1 and Signicant Others - The Series to my list and ordered Sarah Connor Chronicles - Season 1

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Lots of nostalgic stuff:

BCI Filmation stuff I don't yet have like Ghost Busters animated, maybe He-man and She-ra...not sure. I'd like to get everything BCI has...but...I already spent $130 on the stuff that looked good.
The Voyagers time travel kid's show. Haven't seen it since my teens.
Sesame Street Old School Vol 2. One episode from Vol 1 tells me this is something special, perhaps the most nostalgic DVDs in my collection now. So I'll be getting all they have. Hope Vol 3 is coming...? *looks hopeful*
SNL Season 3.
Muppet show Season 1 maybe. Might wait for the Series set.
The larger Electric Company sets. I have the Best of DVD but it's not enough.

Many more....like Tales from the Darkside. I'd also like Jack of All Trades (Bruce Campbell), Ripping Yarns (Michael Palin) and The Complete Mr. Bean (edits and all).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks