What's new

Curious about this whole Universal "Fake Fan/Message Board" controversy? (1 Viewer)

Vickie_M

Senior HTF Member
Our local 14-screen theater has "$5 Tuesdays" where every show, even the evening shows, are 5 bucks. We usually go every Tuesday and tonight we were going to see Blue Crush and something else (hadn't decided on the 2nd one).
Thanks to the fake ads stinking their way onto this forum, we've decided to relegate BC to "cable-maybe" status, Ebert or no Ebert, big honkin' waves or no big honkin' waves, Michelle Rodriguez or no Michelle Rodriguez.
Thanks, marketing department. $10 may not mean much to you, but *I* feel better now about not giving it to you.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Wise decision Vickie, although I must say I was looking forward to your review.:)
(Not so wise)Tino

Vickie_M

Senior HTF Member
Tino: Wise decision Vickie, although I must say I was looking forward to your review.
Ha...I'm sure I'll see it at some point. This isn't something someone would have to pay ME big bucks to see (such as, oh, Master of Disguise). I still want to see what Ebert saw in it. I'll let you know what I thought, though it may be a looong, loooong time from now.

Iain Lambert

Screenwriter
This years Best Wave
What?? Has anybody, in the history of the HTF posted something like that and it not be a quote from a press release? They aren't even trying to be believed.

Personally, I'm just dying to see what Ron says to Universal about trying to advertise on the forum without paying for a banner like everyone else.

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Remember one year ago, when CNN, Entertainment Weekly, etc. were all over the phonies hyping "The Animal" and other arguably bad movies?

Why is hardly any media outlet covering this? The studios are bullsh***ing us. After it happened last year, it should not have been allowed to happen again. But now it's happening all over again, just with a different slant.

It really chaps my butt that studios are allowed to get away this kind of crap. What also got me was Warner Bros. and the non-existant audio commentaries that get people to pre-order them: The Swarm, Wolfen, Collateral Damage, and V: The Final Battle. With Collateral Damage, it went as far as being featured in full-page ads in Entertainment Weekly and other magazines.

DaveGR

Stunt Coordinator
Does anyone remember this horrible thing. I cant believe this forum was tainted by such a blatant worker for the system. it makes me sick.

Bill Street

Stunt Coordinator
It's particularly pathetic, when, if I'm not mistaken, it was about the time this occurred that the studios (with the exception of 20th Century Fox) told the HTF that they didn't need Internet fan sites, and cut off advertising on them.

The cost to advertise on sites like this one are SO reasonable that sending in a shill to hawk studio wares is downright immoral!

Bill S.

Vickie_M

Senior HTF Member
I don't know what to say. I'd almost feel sorry for him if he weren't being such as jerk about it.

I still haven't seen Blue Crush. Even it it was a joke here it wasn't a joke elsewhere.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
Uhh, yah I think da new govana of the california is doing a great job aaaand I think that all should go out right now and rent the all time most fun feeled holiday exhhtravaganza JINGLE ALL ZEE VAY!!
Uhh, no theese is not Ahnold sneekins intos you allses message boads in a compleeetly unethical PR move...I am someone compleetly different...I am goings by the name PredatorT3 the Barbarian.

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member
Here is one instance, this is hilarious. either I started a thread on it or someone else,but on the subject of Ordinary People, specifically Mary Tyler Moores performance. I stated that I just wanted to slap her character because of her treatmeant of her son. Of course I understand she had major problems. But if your a parent you need to somehow put your problems aside for your kids problems. Of course her character was a total Beotch and I was kicked off for saying that I felt Like slapping her.
Actually, he said that he thought that Mary Tyler Moore's character "deserved a good beating."
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...ry+tyler+moore

DaveGR

Stunt Coordinator
Good for him then. hes right to have wanted that. I too think her character deserved a beating. just my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks