What's new

Curb Your Enthusiasm Season Five (1 Viewer)

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
Last night was, IMO, classic Larry! Glad to watch an episode I thought was really well done.

Louis Lewis? :D I'm still chuckling...

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
The "Eeny Meeny Miney Mo" argument had me laughing out loud. So did the "ass is a handle for cuddling" and the "what are you calling about?" bits among many, many others. I'm still trying to choose between an "old" kidney and one from a "robust" fat guy. And I guess having a kid makes you ineligible to give a kidney to a friend, "just in case."

:laugh: :laugh:

A top-notch episode from start to finish. Well crafted.

:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
The end when you see Larry jump up and it freezes on him was priceless. :) Suzy telling Jeff that he was so fat that he'd die on the operating table was pretty funny too.

Just like Quentin, I'm still laughing over "Louis Lewis".

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson

Huh???? It was worth maybe a chuckle. Especially that you saw it coming that "Louis Lewis" was gonna be toast.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I knew the HOW it would end, and I knew Larry would be ecstatic about it, but the way they chose to show his elation (i.e. the Jumping) was totally unexpected and that was what made me burst out laughing.

It was such a dark way to end the show. I love that kind of stuff.

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
It was interesting to discover that the comotose "Louis Lewis" is being played by Bill Saluga who cracked me up years ago as a member of The Ace Trucking Company and on various shows (Redd Foxx, David Steinberg, and even reprised in The Simpsons in 2002) as Raymond J. Johnson, Jr.. To quote his bio:

Larry David continues to bring in his comedy friends for guest appearances on this show and that's one of its appeals for me.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve

I always wanted to know whatever happened to that guy and now I know. I would have never made the connection until you mentioned it. Thanks.

Larry David does deserve a lot of credit for giving work to comics that don't get a lot elsewhere. Shelley Berman has found fame again thanks to this show and I loved seeing Paul Dooley and the late Louis Nye in the earlier seasons.

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
Weak ending, but otherwise another very funny ep. Leave it to Larry to become friends with a sex offender with good golf advice.

What would Jesus do? :D

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
And leave it to Larry to get into an argument over being ripped off for a dollar by a child. :)

Stephen Tobolowsky (who was the holistic healer that Jerry, George, and Kramer saw on Seinfeld and was a government official on Deadwood) was funny in a small part. "Washington, Lincoln, FDR, and George W. Bush."

"Does anyone know mouth to mouth?!"

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
And let's not forget what I consider to be Stephen Tobolowsky's "signature role" as Ned "Watch that first step...it's a doozy!" Ryerson in Groundhog Day.

Classic.

I still love seeing the parade of long time TV and Movie character actors passing through this show. Did you catch Pat Harrington (nee Jr.) in this episode ("The Seder") as Larry's neighbor who complained about the parking? It was great seeing Dwayne F. Schneider from One Day at a Time back in action. I kept picturing him with a pack of cigarettes rolled up in his tee shirt sleeve while wearing a yarmulke.

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
That was pretty classic Larry, and it WAS great to see Pat Harrington.

What is with Larry and getting into arguments with kids?? Dang, that is one of his funniest flaws.

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Actually, if they had called it the "72 year Rule" they would have been a little closer (1789, 1861, 1933, 2005). They could have even parodied the banking Rule of 72 if they wanted to push the envelope.

Whatever.

It was pretty funny stuff, the whole bit. I loved it when the conservative guy couldn't remember FDR's name. but rattled off the other 3.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve

Yes! I like presidential history and I was doing math in my head while trying to watch this episode and couldn't see where this came from.

The beginning and ending were weak but the middle was hilarious. Larry's attempts at trying to revive the lady in bed had me laughing to the point of tears.

Shelley Berman was on Leno last night. He seemed nervous (maybe that's his style), but he was genuinely endearing and quite funny. My wife and I were in Vegas a couple of months ago and only time constraints prevented us from seeing his stand-up act.

Steve

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
The quick cut to the bongo drums was so random and so unexpected, I was DYING! :laugh:

I'm sure this is the whole point of the show, but do you ever get the urge to want to smack the characters in the show. My fist was clenching when Larry was talking to Mark. I was just dying for him to slap the smart ass look off that guys face. :D

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
The Ski Lift....

I dunno, there were some really funny bits with Larry trying to wreck the car and doing his Super-Orthodox Jew bit, but the humor involving the nurse seemed tasteless and in the gutter. One thing I've liked about CYE was that its humor was innovative and built out ordinary situations and usually doesn't resort to "adult" humor for a cheap laugh. For that reason the nurse storyline seemed out of place.

I wonder how many people think that Richard Lewis really needs a kidney transplant. You know there's gotta be a couple out there. :)

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
I thought it was really funny, and was laughing out loud at the ending, unlike the last few episodes. I was rolling at Larry's hand signal for "big vagina".

Larry will do anything to avoid "stepping up". Another funny moment was when Louis Lewis' doctor called Larry on his plan and Larry owned up to it right away.

The whole ski lift sequence was hilarious too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks